Note At&t live wallpaper panning/scrolling

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I just switched to Android a month ago, from Iphone. Love it. Can't believe how much better it is! I got my wife the Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket. She has the option on her phone that when she is looking at live wallpaper, and scrolling from screen to screen, the live wallpaper background moves with her swype. The background picture is larger than the screen size-by 2 times or something. I think that is an awesome feature. I got the Note the first day it came out. Is the scrollable/panning live wallpaper feature available on the note? if not, why not!? I can't find it anywhere, and have searched for hours on google. thanks for everything!

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
For some reason scrolling wallpaper doesn't seem to work on some launchers. It does work with Go Launcher though. I tried ADW and it lagged, ADW ex wouldn't work, stock touchwiz doesn't work, then I tried Go Launcher and finally had smooth scrolling wallpaper. Hope this helps.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I think it has something to do with the the carousel affect, like htc phones with Sense 3.0 & 3.5 where you can continue going through the screens without having to go back. On htc Sense 4.0 they removed that feature and now the wall paper pans.

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
No setting anywhere on the phone mentioning anything about carousel.it appears AT&T put out an update and it disabled it.
Her skyrocket gingerbread v.2.3.5
My note: 2.3.6.

Reading online that when she updates to new gingerbread version, it won't work for that phone anymore.

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
http://androidcommunity.com/att-galaxy-s-ii-skyrocket-android-2-3-6-update-rolling-out-appears-broken-20120221/

Way down near bottom: user confirms scrolling wallpaper is broken after update to vers.2.3.6

waynezo

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I called Samsung Tech they confirmed it won't work, said I should email developers. Maybe they'll fix it with ICS

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Developers? they mean whomever put out 2.3.6? I'm new to Android; are they talking about Google Dev?

at&t stopped pushing the 2.3.6. Wife's phone says it's up to date w/ vers .5