Should I wait or should I jump the gun.

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Look.......

We all know this is an awesome phone. After seeing a few of the commercials running on tv, reviews on youtube, I was able to resist the urge to get this phone.

I should've listened to myself before entering this section. Now I'm rediculously bonkers hearing so many great comments about this device. Read that some users left OIS for this device. Now that urge to spend some money is slowly creeping up.

Anyway, I just got a Sprint Epic 4g touch a few months ago. My ATT line with the Iphone 4 is due for an early upgrade. I'm wondering if I should just chill and hold out for a bit for a better phone or should I just jump the gun n upgrade!!!! Agh!!!! The agony; plus, everyone in this forum is loving their galaxy note isn't helping my situation :). Let me know your thought! I need to make a logical decision; needless to say, I'm not in the right state of mind to make that decision.

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
The "cool" thing about this phone is that if you have one, you are instantly identifiable and others with the phone come and talk to you it's like a club. So far, I haven't met a single individual who was sorry they got this phone, and of course I include myself in that group. I agree with Paul you need a good data plan because you will use this phone a lot more than any phone you had prior.

Reactions: mike104393

MannyB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
There will always be a better phone coming down the pipeline. So if you wait for the next best phone, there will be another even better phone coming after that phone. So my opinion is, don't wait for that reason.

If you want to be a little smarter than all of us early adopters, you could wait till the price goes down. I'm betting this phone will be down to $200 with contract within a few months. I tried to tell myself to wait for that reason, but I couldn't. But if saving 100 bucks isn't all that important to you, go ahead and upgrade now.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I think you meant "pull the trigger," not "jump the gun."

Anywho, I had the opportunity to use the Note for a few days before it shelves, and it really solidified my decision.... to get the Galaxy Nexus. I've been using TouchWiz for so long now, and I really like it, but I wanted something with a different feel. The Nexus is my clear winner, but to each his own. Carrier availability and cost definitely come into play, but I couldn't pass up a nice, white Galaxy Nexus.

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the honest suggestion! What's everyones opinion about the size though. I've read plenty of reviews stating that the size isn't an issue when carried around, but in my case, if someone can relate, I wear a suit everyday to work. My slacks are pretty tight. My epic buldges out and hugs my thighs pretty tightly. What is everyones opinion wearing work related cloths. Does it interfere when you sit down, bend over and doing work related activity. Last thing I want is for upper management to start thinking I have something between my legs lol!

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the honest suggestion! What's everyones opinion about the size though. I've read plenty of reviews stating that the size isn't an issue when carried around, but in my case, if someone can relate, I wear a suit everyday to work. My slacks are pretty tight. My epic buldges out and hugs my thighs pretty tightly. What is everyones opinion wearing work related cloths. Does it interfere when you sit down, bend over and doing work related activity. Last thing I want is for upper management to start thinking I have something between my legs lol!

The size is a non-issue once you use the device everyday. I had a colleague come to my office just this morning and say how at first look they thought the phone was quite big, but now that they have seen me use the phone for the past two weeks they almost had forgotten it's a 5.3 in screen.

I wear a suit jacket and dress slacks each day. I usually put the Note in my inside jacket packet when going from meeting to meeting, and on the weekend I've found myself placing the phone in my back pocket mostly, but a few times in my front pocket. In either case I have not been hindered at all.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Why do I continually torture myself by reading this G-Note forum! I am in the same boat as you MikeNg714. My only problem is I can't seem to get myself to switch to AT&T. I have this dream that it will come to T-Mobile.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Why do I continually torture myself by reading this G-Note forum! I am in the same boat as you MikeNg714. My only problem is I can't seem to get myself to switch to AT&T. I have this dream that it will come to T-Mobile.

I think I lot of people are where you are. I know I was. I have been with Sprint for years, and I really like that unlimited data, talk, and text plan. For $129 + tax my wife and I had 1500 anytime minutes; unlimited mobilie to mobile; unlimited text, and unlimited data.

Switching to At&t for just this one line is going to cost me $122+ tax, and only get a 3 gig data plan; 450 anytime minutes; unlimited mobile to mobile; and unlimited text.

I tell you, this is the only phone that I would even consider switching carriers for. I was so hoping it would land on Sprint, and I still have faith it will before years end. At that time I will sell this At&t version and go back to Sprint.

But let me tell you; the phone is worth its weight. This is an amazing device. I can't imagine going back to another phone.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have had the phone since Feb 17th. The size isn't really that much of a issue most of the time. It can make a few things more cumbersome, but most are fine. I also have no issue talking with it. It feel comfortable for me talking on the phone.

I have never questioned it's pocketablitity, but I don't really wear tight cloths. The screen is amazing and the hardware is about as good as it gets. You really can't beat it if you like the screen size/resolution. It is essentially a GS2 Skyrocket with the 5.3" high resolution screen, and the s-pen stuff.

The only catch is i really wish that Samsung released this side by side with the GS3 with the same proc and ram.

The only reason i could/may return it would be with plans to get the GS3 when the international unlocked version releases. Other then that I think it is great. I had a Captivate prior and i can't tell you how much of a differnece the improved software on any GS2 based device software is over the Captivate.

merics

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Go for it. I've had since 19Feb, switched from iPhone4 and haven't regretted the move. I showed it to a die hard Apple user today thinking he'd rip me for switching, was quite surprised when he had nothing but good to say. Loved how it felt and was impressed with the features and how thin it is. The size factor goes away after days, now when I pick up wife's 4S, feels really tiny. I'm not knocking the IOS devices, but for the moment, the Note is a winner...Go get one :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital