Remote Control

PaulF

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone used the Samsung Dive remote control? I can't get it to work.

I was in major panic mode because I thought I had lost my new G-Note. I called the phone and no ring tone. After of an hour of searching places I had been, I found the phone on my desk. Apparently the "flip" motion control mutes the phone(flip from face up to face down).

The remote control can locate the phone or ring a muted phone, apparently.

http://www.samsungdive.com ->help->Galaxy Note

Track N Remote Control your G-Note online - Free Service by Samsung - xda-developers

I have two phones registered at Samsung, my old off air Captivate and the Note. Maybe that confuses Samsung.com or it is not available on AT&T.

Last edited:

k6tcher

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the Samsung account you need to add on your phone is available on the at&t version of the Note. At least I couldn't find it.

PaulF

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the Samsung account you need to add on your phone is available on the at&t version of the Note. At least I couldn't find it.
I was hoping Samsung would turn on the account because Samung does say they enable the remote feature when you register the phone. I hope AT&T doesn't think this will be billable feature. It costs them virtually nothing.

PaulF

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
ATT said they don't offer the Samsung account.

What is a good app that will do the same?
AT&T doesn't offer the service. Samsung offers the service on the Samsung site. Why AT&T would disable access to the account is a mystery to me. There are third party apps, I guess, but something about a third party controlling my phone doesn't seem secure, to me. At least I am registered at Samsung.

I turned off the auto-mute for now so I can at least call my phone when it is lost in my apartment or car.

Home->Menu->Settings->Motion->Turn over to mute

salman121

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I heard it's not available on all US Samsung III phones. I have Sprint and don't have this option. It sucks as it is a very good feature. Any one found a way around?