LTE speeds with my Note

DConrad2010

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
purchased my note Friday night.we have lte here in Austin Texas. Here's my results from around town, the fastest being downtown

Also try changing the animations setting in Speedtest.net. Go to tools and move the bar all the way to the right under Animations: Then do your speed test over again and you should have the true download/upload speeds.
Hope this helps.

max_stirling

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I just performed a speedtest while in a moving car (as a passenger) in the DC area and got 26 meg on the download and was very happy considering that's twice as fast as my home wifi on the same device.

omniphil

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
This is from inside my office building in MA. (The very top score). I was on LTE when i did the test, the screen shot shows wifi. We only have 20mbps comcast at work anyways so that would be slower...

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I was in the Bay Area this past weekend and saw that I was on LTE. Did a speed test there. Can't wait for it to come to Colorado

SC20120415-093133.png

schrochem

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Austin also. I get twice as fast speeds then I did on my tbolt on vzw here. I guess we should just enjoy it til apple comes out with a lte iPhone.....
BTW if you haven't some so change your server to Austin. Sometimes it hits temple,tx instead. I was on unlimited on vzw but now have to watch the data.....
Each speestest is about 19Mb last I checked.

carlosrey23

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
While I am not disputing the results, I think that will change over time. I was an early adopter of T-Mobiles 4G technology back in Oct 2010, and the original speed tests I was getting in the high 9-10 MBPS and as the network got saturated the speed leveled off to an avg of about 2.5 MBPS, with peaks in the 3.5 - 4 range.

While a drop from 40MBPS to 20MBPS is not a bad thing....I will hold out a few more months before I transition to the Galaxy Note. I want to see what a loaded spectrum yields. VZW is al ready loaded and yielding mid to to high 10's. I am so looking forward to my next phone / carrier!!

TechnologyWriter

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm a magazine writer doing a piece on the 4G/LTE rollout and wondered if one of you may be available to give me your thoughts on your 4G experience--I just need a quick quote, and can speak over the phone or via email. I can't direct message unfortunately as I haven't posted 5 times yet.

Is anyone available and interested? I'd need to do so today ideally.
Thanks for your help!
Jon Chase

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I love the LTE. The fastest I've hit was 62 down and 11 up. Unfortunately, there is a down side, and that is the battery life on my gnote went to crap. I am lucky to make it from 7am to 5pm. Admittedly, I have 8 email addresses synced (work, business, and personal) and I steam spotify for 2 hours a day at the gym, but I made it through the entire day before LTE. Thankfully, I have a car charger in both cars and extra batteries ready to go.