Problems with ATT and the Galaxy Note

chasegrimes

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I originally had gotten the Samsung SkyRocket and when the Note was launched, I returned my SkyRocket and I now have the Samsung Note.

I don't have problems with the phone calls, but all of a sudden, my texting and data capabilities just stop working. It hasn't happened but maybe 5-10 times with each device.

So naturally I try different methods of trying to connect an app to the network, but no luck. The only way to fix this is by turning Airplane Mode on for 10 seconds and turning it off, or restarting the phone. But why should I have to do this?

I use the phone while in "4G", but not an LTE area.

eliter1

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So today the battery in my note lasted from about 7:30am-3:00PM and I used it less than any other day. It was just sitting in my backpack for 5 of those hours. I didn't do anything else that I don't do every other day and it died completely. I have to see how it goes tomorrow.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
So today the battery in my note lasted from about 7:30am-3:00PM and I used it less than any other day. It was just sitting in my backpack for 5 of those hours. I didn't do anything else that I don't do every other day and it died completely. I have to see how it goes tomorrow.

Have you recently installed an app that may be draining the battery. Something working in the

Sent from my rooted WHITE SGSIIE4GT via TapaTalk

Sjn013

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Go to your local corporately owned at&t store and tell them you need the most current sim card as crazy as it sounds that lil booger can cause all kind of issues and make sure they have the correct IMEI listed on your number and an lte data plan takes 5 min and cant hurt a bit -Stephen

Reactions: ScandaLeX

JaxRod

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I am actually having the same problems with my Galaxy Note as Mavrrick. I have changed my SIM card twice and just recently At&t sent me a replacement phone after long grueling hours of troubleshooting and being on hold. I am still having the same issues with the new phone.

My phone wont dial out to call people half the time, even happens when I am calling my voicemail. Also my txt/Picture mesgs wont go thru sometimes. I also get a mesg in my notifications that says: "Data Roaming: you have lost data connectivity because you left your home network with data roaming turned off."

I am not leaving my own house and I get that mesg. I have not left Florida and I get that all the time. I dont know if I need to just give up on the Note.

It is very frustrating to transfer everything over to a new phone if At& is just going to send me another one. :(

Jorge Nunez

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar issue on t-mobile. If I have not used the phone in some time, calls go to Voice Mail, text messages are not delivered to my phone. my phone doesn't show any missed calls. Once I send a message or initiate a call, then my phone receives the missed text messages and actually rings when someone calls me.

DrBeckles

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the AT & T Samsung Galaxy Note for personal use and the Samsung Galaxy II for my business phone. I have had a ton of dropped calls, very low bars on my Note phone over the past 4 months. Yes we have tower issues, but also I had great service with this phone for months prior to this. I was wondering if anyone has experience upgrading Gingerbread to Jelly Bean, and whether this might fix the problem with the dropped calls or the failure to send texts even when enough bars are present. Maybe an upgrade had a flaw? I love the size and speed of the phone, but I could just scream when I don't get an important message regarding my elderly mother's health care because the texts stopped coming through for 3 or 4 days at a time!:-\:-\

electronicwiz1

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the AT & T Samsung Galaxy Note for personal use and the Samsung Galaxy II for my business phone. I have had a ton of dropped calls, very low bars on my Note phone over the past 4 months. Yes we have tower issues, but also I had great service with this phone for months prior to this. I was wondering if anyone has experience upgrading Gingerbread to Jelly Bean, and whether this might fix the problem with the dropped calls or the failure to send texts even when enough bars are present. Maybe an upgrade had a flaw? I love the size and speed of the phone, but I could just scream when I don't get an important message regarding my elderly mother's health care because the texts stopped coming through for 3 or 4 days at a time!:-\:-\

All of our phones has been having this same problem with missed calls and texts too! It started happening around the same time too! I think it has been messing up ever since T Mobile joined their towers. It is making them overload and misses calls and texts. We called them and they did something and it doesn't mess up as much as it used to anymore! So your phone is fine!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781