Problems with ATT and the Galaxy Note
03-18-2013 05:06 PM
- First i wanted to say I really do love the phone. The screen is amazing and the improvoments with the Samsung software is just awesome. I can't see a better phone for me
Now that is out of the way, I am wondering if anyone else is haveing similar issues with our brand new phone. Since the 17th I have had 3 occasions that I know about that i was unable to send or recieve calls, and a few others were SMS Text messages were hung up and not being sent or recieved to the phone. This is a big issue for me as though i don't use it all the time that is very important when i need it. I suspect it is a issue with ATT in my area and not the phone itself, but i never expereince this on my old Captivate. As of last night i moved my service back to my captivate because of issues this was causing me.
Has anyone had similar issues. My best guess is the problems with LTE/HSPA+ handoff/capacity in the Orlando florida area. The problem is if i can't trust the phone now i feel i will probably be better served returning it and letting the network stabelize and getting something more up to date later.03-07-2012 02:23 PMLike 1
- Thanks Samy2082 for the input. My data has been flawless actually it is great being on LTE. It was just the calling and texting that has presented as a problem.
The problem is that that they don't present in a way you know there is an issue. It appears that a call just isn't being answered or that the text is still be sent.
The example is I called my dad probably 10 times on FEB 22nd to try to adjust some plans. It kept going to Voice Mail. I left a few messages and kept calling. Finally he called me and got through. I asked him and he had no missed calles. It is one thing if this is happening in a way that you know about it, but another if we don't have a clue that call isn't really completing. What if it was an emergency. This happend 3 times in the first week I had my Note.03-08-2012 02:50 PM
- On 2/29/12, my friend tried to call me and ATT note did not recieve it, no missed call shown. We were testing it face to face and the call just went to my voicemail, but my note did not ring at all..... However, it started to work again after I made a call to my friend's phone. There's definitely some thing going on with ATT's new LTE network.03-08-2012 07:00 PM
- On 2/29/12, my friend tried to call me and ATT note did not recieve it, no missed call shown. We were testing it face to face and the call just went to my voicemail, but my note did not ring at all..... However, it started to work again after I made a call to my friend's phone. There's definitely some thing going on with ATT's new LTE network.03-08-2012 07:44 PM
- I have not noticed the call issue but have noticed the text issue. I have to resend texts from time to time. It happens on my skyrocket also but not my international GNote. I think the phone has to switch to 3G to call or text and the system can get hung up. This is why after you finish a phone call it takes a minute or so to go from 4G back to LTE. I think it is LTE phones specifically since I have not seen this on my international GNote.03-08-2012 08:29 PM
- I am going to have to say there is a issue with the note and AT&T. I am on my 3rd Note in 2 weeks and have been to level 2Support at AT&T and Samsung. I have to go to Love on initial impression. As of now i am lost because i like the thought process of the phone. But it is useless as a stable phone. I have had calls goto voicemail without ringing and nothing but voicemail notice hours later, which is AT&T. I am from portland Oregon, we don't have LTE and the HSPA and 3G both say 4G on the phone. ISsue 2 is the phone drops to edge Network in a 3G area and drops internet if your on a call. I have heard every excuse for reasons why from AT&T, but with my wife beside me with her iphone 4s working flawlessly it is frustrating. I have had multiple dropped calls up to 5 on one phone call driving accross town. So i would say there is a issue with how the phone manages the signal since the issues i only have experienced with this phone.
If i don't see an update within a week it is going back to AT&T's shelf for some other poor user to suffer these issues.03-09-2012 04:58 AM
- Took the Note to the att store last night. Folks there think the problem is SIM card related. Basically stated that they sent me an old style SIM with the phone, that was exactly compatible with the 4g network. Does that make any sense. They replaced the SIM with a new one and think that will fix it. I guess we will see. I have less then a week before I can't return it.03-09-2012 05:30 AM
- Ok did you ask if the phone was off do a test use a mother phone and turn off your cell then call it will automatically go to voice mail and if he's out of range of a tower it will go to voice mail same with text if there's an error you should get an error code text messege03-09-2012 07:50 AM
- Took the Note to the att store last night. Folks there think the problem is SIM card related. Basically stated that they sent me an old style SIM with the phone, that was exactly compatible with the 4g network. Does that make any sense. They replaced the SIM with a new one and think that will fix it. I guess we will see. I have less then a week before I can't return it.03-09-2012 09:24 AM
- It could be an LTE issue in your general area especially if your sim in the 3G Captivate doesn't give you any problems.
What I would do is use your Note until you experience the problem again and at that instant call at&t and ask for technical support. Have your captivate ready and also be ready to tell them that you have your 3G Captivate ready to do a sim swap. If you can duplicate the issue while on the phone and show that 3G will work but LTE won't then they will definitely create a network trouble ticket to at the very least initiate an investigation. Make sure you let them know this is happening in just one general area. If you tell them it happens anywhere you go then they will just tell you it's probably device related.
Hope everything works out if it hasn't already!03-09-2012 01:40 PM
- Not sure this is really a phone specific issue. My wife and I were both on iPhones (until I upgraded to the Note a week ago) and I was on the receiving end of this issue. Wife called me close to 10 times within a 5 minute period. My phone never rang once. It was sitting next to me charging while I was working and definitely would've noticed it ring. All calls went to v/m and my notification didn't pop until much later after being left.
Personally, I'd go with it being a carrier issue more-so than the phone.03-09-2012 01:56 PM
- I originally had gotten the Samsung SkyRocket and when the Note was launched, I returned my SkyRocket and I now have the Samsung Note.
I don't have problems with the phone calls, but all of a sudden, my texting and data capabilities just stop working. It hasn't happened but maybe 5-10 times with each device.
So naturally I try different methods of trying to connect an app to the network, but no luck. The only way to fix this is by turning Airplane Mode on for 10 seconds and turning it off, or restarting the phone. But why should I have to do this?
I use the phone while in "4G", but not an LTE area.03-09-2012 03:17 PM
- So today the battery in my note lasted from about 7:30am-3:00PM and I used it less than any other day. It was just sitting in my backpack for 5 of those hours. I didn't do anything else that I don't do every other day and it died completely. I have to see how it goes tomorrow.03-09-2012 10:52 PM
- So today the battery in my note lasted from about 7:30am-3:00PM and I used it less than any other day. It was just sitting in my backpack for 5 of those hours. I didn't do anything else that I don't do every other day and it died completely. I have to see how it goes tomorrow.
Sent from my rooted WHITE SGSIIE4GT via TapaTalk03-11-2012 02:29 PM
- Go to your local corporately owned at&t store and tell them you need the most current sim card as crazy as it sounds that lil booger can cause all kind of issues and make sure they have the correct IMEI listed on your number and an lte data plan takes 5 min and cant hurt a bit -Stephen03-13-2012 12:36 AMLike 2
- I am actually having the same problems with my Galaxy Note as Mavrrick. I have changed my SIM card twice and just recently At&t sent me a replacement phone after long grueling hours of troubleshooting and being on hold. I am still having the same issues with the new phone.
My phone wont dial out to call people half the time, even happens when I am calling my voicemail. Also my txt/Picture mesgs wont go thru sometimes. I also get a mesg in my notifications that says: "Data Roaming: you have lost data connectivity because you left your home network with data roaming turned off."
I am not leaving my own house and I get that mesg. I have not left Florida and I get that all the time. I dont know if I need to just give up on the Note.
It is very frustrating to transfer everything over to a new phone if At& is just going to send me another one.07-24-2012 07:10 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Note
- AT&T Galaxy Note
Problems with ATT and the Galaxy Note
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD