1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Screen Randomly Refreshes

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but this is my 2nd Note, and I'm hoping that it's just something that is "normal".

My first Note would randomly refresh the screen, kicking me out of whatever app I was in (including Camera/Gallery), and then it would take 5 seconds or so for the icons to all appear on the app/home screen. Unfortunately, this would also lead to randomly deleted apps shown by ghost icons, and the error when clicking said app would say that the application is not installed.

I've since replaced that Note, and my new one will do the same thing, now, when I'm at work. This may be due to low data connectivity (inside a very big building with no windows), but the screen will randomly refresh. The icons don't take as long to pop up, and I haven't had any issues with deleted apps...yet. So far, this seems to be limited to when I'm at work (haven't had it happen yet at home or outside of work).

I've already done a hard reset, and I have only 1 after-factory app currently installed (Stop Watch & Timer).

So, my question is: is this normal? Or should I pursue getting yet another replacement? ;_;

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Default Re: Screen Randomly Refreshes

It doesn't happen to me. I installed the "Application Monitor" widget and close apps for power saving, though.

BTW I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the stock clock and saw they had added a stopwatch and timer.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Screen Randomly Refreshes

Likewise; but I'm still a fan of the Stop Watch & Timer app, just seems cleaner-looking to me.

Hmm, I really don't want to have to start closing apps to fix the issue, though (unless it's a known harmful app).

Although, getting rid of the "bloat"-ware on it would probably help out a lot. However, that leans more into the rooting aspect, though.

Thanks for the quick reply.