How long is at&t exclusivity for Note?

andro1d

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I understand at&t currently has exclusivity on this monstrosity. Anyone actually know when exclusivity on this is due to expire? I need to upgrade soon or else dump a bunch of money on a new battery, bezel and battery cover for an obsolete phone. I figure if nothing has been officially announced for the CDMA/LTE "Journal" version by the time exclusivity expires, I'll just cave and pick up my best option off the shelf at the store. My eyes would really appreciate a Godzilla-sized phone if possible though.

PaulF

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
OR how about an educated estimation. I could work with that as well.
My guess is as long as the adverting contract. Obviously the exclusive rights are to get people to switch to AT&T. They keep the schedule secret because of people exactly like you.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I am now curious about this as well. I switch to AT&T only for the G-Note only to find out I get awful reception at work and home with AT&T. Had to return it. I can't wait for T-Mobile to get this. I saw the hack to get it to work but it's hit or miss.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Things are looking somewhat positive for us T-Mobile customers. T-Mo News posted some screen-shots and user agent showing the likely hood that the beast might be coming to T-Mobile! I hope this materializes.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Exactly what I was thinking. All these new LTE phones being released, and not ONE LTE market.

Can we give Sprint a little bit of a break? They don't have no where near the money of the other three major carriers, but they manage to hold their own.

At&t trades up in $30 or $40 range as does Verizon. Sprint's trading below $5, so their capital is not as available as the others.

They will get there. Legitimate criticism is understandable for any company, but give them time. Their network will improve.

I'm an At&t customer now that I have the Note, but I'd hate to see Sprint go away. With the limited resources they have, I think they do pretty good.

mojosingle

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Can we give Sprint a little bit of a break? They don't have no where near the money of the other three major carriers, but they manage to hold their own.

At&t trades up in $30 or $40 range as does Verizon. Sprint's trading below $5, so their capital is not as available as the others.

They will get there. Legitimate criticism is understandable for any company, but give them time. Their network will improve.

I'm an At&t customer now that I have the Note, but I'd hate to see Sprint go away. With the limited resources they have, I think they do pretty good.
I never thought of it that way but you do make an excellent point DAS. AT&T and Verizon are huge companies outright and T-Mobile is owned by Deutsche Telekom which is another company with massive cash flows.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey