Stylus alternative

alsorkin

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Much to my surprise when I use a rubber tipped stylus from my iPad on the Galaxy Note screen it allows me to select the navigation symbols at the bottom of the phone face (below the Samsung imprint) that I cannot with the Note stylus! This solves a frustration I was having in screen selections using the Samsung stylus.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you use the S-pen there are gesters fur each of the options on the bottom. I believe presssing the s- button and swiping left is like pressing the backup button, pressing the button and swiping up is like pressing the menu button and i think swiping down is like pressing the home button.

It is explained in the S-Pen tutorial if you do it. You can find it under the settings for the s-pen

PaulF

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
You aren't "pressing" the touch keys you changing the electrical capacitance. The S pen apparently doesn't have enough capacitance. The S -pen does have more intelligence than a stylus. The S pen has a pressure sensor for one thing. You press harder when drawing a line in S Note and the line gets thicker.