ICS or not

max_stirling

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I know that ICS is coming to the Note. When it is coming is another thread. My question is: should I upgrade when it becomes available?

I've read the articles pointing out the differences with ICS and I don't see a big change. Currently, my Note is pretty stable and my Honeycomb tablet is pretty stable.

Questions to owner who have rooted their Note to ICS or SGN owners, do you like ICS and what do you like about it? That's all. Thanks.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I know that ICS is coming to the Note. When it is coming is another thread. My question is: should I upgrade when it becomes available?

I've read the articles pointing out the differences with ICS and I don't see a big change. Currently, my Note is pretty stable and my Honeycomb tablet is pretty stable.

Questions to owner who have rooted their Note to ICS or SGN owners, do you like ICS and what do you like about it? That's all. Thanks.

I will definitely update my NOTE when ICS becomes available. Like on your Honeycomb tablet you have the ability to easily switch between most recently used apps, and I want this feature on the NOTE.

Another forum member gave me a wonderful tip on how to duplicate this feature by long pressing on the home button; and as a temporary work around it has proven really useful. However, I look forward to ICS to allow me to experience this capability as a full blown feature.

I also understand that Samsung will add some other "premium" features with the update. Since the NOTE is my only device right now I am excited about the update.

But I must say that I didn't buy the NOTE because of a pending ICS update. I enjoy this device just like it is, and if the truth be told, if they never updated it to ICS I'd be a little disappointed, but it wouldn't change my opinion that this is best all purpose mobile computing device on the market today.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't think G-Note necessarily needs an ICS updated. If some of the bugs could be fixed such as browser defaulting to mobile and not desktop, slight lag when coming to home screen, camera speed and more apps to use the S-Pen I think will be sufficient.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes Yes Yes.

I have a Motorola Xoom Wifi, and abosolutely love how much smother it functions overall. I don't know how to explain it but in general it runs much smother with ICS then it ever did with Honeycomb.

I also have a ATT Captivate Galaxy S phone. And have used one of the AOSP ICS roms for it. In genreal it was much better then any of the OEM roms.

With that said though there were so many improvements with the software between the original galaxy S and the Galaxy S 2 line I am not sure I am in such a rush with the Note. I totally agree with DAS in that the note and really any Galaxy S 2 based phone are just amazing already. I really look forward to see what Samsung is doing to push the envolope with ICS.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
What I gather from ICS upgrades, def worth getting it.

Supposedly ICS will help improve performance on dual core CPUs. Gingerbread isn't built specifically for dual core.

Recently used apps.

Most likely some bug fixes. Hopefully no new ones....

The new programs built just for the GNote.

Oh yes, get to try Chrome browser! I am currently using Dolphin, which I love, but the speeds of the Chrome browser is simply awesome!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty