Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bnjf
  • 1 Post By S-Doo-1965
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can the Note read you your text messages??

Hey everyone,

I am new to Droid phones and want to know if the Note can read your text messages to you?? And if so how do you turn this feature on? I found where I can get it to read who sent me messages but not the actual message itself. Any help will be grateful, Thanks.
    A1C

Default Re: Can the Note read you your text messages??

I do believe vlingo can help you with this.
    Military Police Army National Guard (retired)
    EMT Buffalo EMS

I've had a pretty good experience with this App:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

It reads text messages out loud to you and you're able to reply all by voice. I like the driving mode, it automatically turns on when you drive more then 15 mph (not sure if you want to use this in the car or not)
    Thanked by:

There is a program called "voice talk powered by vlingo" that comes natively on the note that you can also put in driving mode that not only reads your texts to you but allows you to speak you reply and it converts to text hands free. I use it every day and love how well it works. We have hands free laws here in the Northeast and this keeps your hands off the phone works great with Bluetooth!
    Thanked by:

Voice Talk only reads the message header for me. Can it read the complete text?
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, Centro(AT&T), Palm Pre Plus(AT&T), Nook Color, HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note(AT&T), Nexus 7 (32), Nexus 4 (16), Nexus 7 2013 LTE, Nexus 5 32

Quote Originally Posted by S-Doo-1965 View Post
    Voice Talk only reads the message header for me. Can it read the complete text?
    Yes, it reads me the entire text message when in driving mode
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks for the responses guys. Getting the Vlingo Personal Assistant hoping it is what I am looking for. Really don't want tickets in VA Beach for texting while driving even though the damn cops do it daily.

Check out "speaktoit assistant " its a Siri type app and if you want her to read text, just tell her. it does much more and keeps getting better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    waynezo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by randall2580 View Post
    Yes, it reads me the entire text message when in driving mode
    I can't get that to work. After a chat with Samsung Tech support they said Vlingo just reads the header.

What did you do to get it working?

Ok, I figured it out. Voice Talk has to be the active app to get texts to be read back in full. If not only the header is read.

Now I feel smart.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, Centro(AT&T), Palm Pre Plus(AT&T), Nook Color, HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note(AT&T), Nexus 7 (32), Nexus 4 (16), Nexus 7 2013 LTE, Nexus 5 32
    randall2580 likes this.

Will this work with bluetooth built into a car? All that vlingo's site refers to is using bluetooth headsets, not bluetooth functions of a car.

Quote Originally Posted by texascacti View Post
    Will this work with bluetooth built into a car? All that vlingo's site refers to is using bluetooth headsets, not bluetooth functions of a car.
    I believe that as long as your in car bluetooth supports A2DP you wouldn't have a problem with it.