Possible to switch between iPhone 4s & Note?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4s and am thinking of getting a Note. My data plan is "Data Unlimited for iPhone 4s" so I'm assuming its an HSPA+ compatible data plan. Anyway, the NOTE uses LTE, so would I need to change my data plan or SIM card in order to swap between phones? I have a brand new SIM I just got for my 4s two weeks ago so hopefully there isn't an "LTE" SIM card.

Can anyone post if they are swapping in between the iPhone 4s and Galaxy Note? I'd really love to hear your thoughts on that process. I'd rather not have to go to AT&T everytime I want to swap phones, as this defeats the entire GSM purpose.

Anyone know where to pick up an AT&T Galaxy Note off contract at a good price excluding AT&T and eBay?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering. If you want it off contract, why not get the international version. It is high speed hspa+ and shouldn't have any issues swapping Sims with the iPhone.

Other then LTE the att version isn't as good international version. Just a thought.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering. If you want it off contract, why not get the international version. It is high speed hspa+ and shouldn't have any issues swapping Sims with the iPhone.

Other then LTE the att version isn't as good international version. Just a thought.

Because LTE will be in my area by this summer and I'd like to have a 4G handset which can take advantage of it. Only difference between the two is the processor and home button if I'm not mistaken? Yes, Exynos is better but I mean as long as there isn't a noticeable lag anywhere with the Qualcomm processor than I'm good.

The international version won't work with my AT&T MicroCell.

sbddude

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
You can switch. You will have to take the note to At&t and have them switch you to an unlimited lte plan. Then cut the new sim they give you. It will fit in both the note and iPhone.

I put a small piece of tape on the sim card so I can remove it easily. It fits in the note without an adapter this way.

By the way I gave the iPhone to my wife after a short while because I like the note so much.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
You can switch. You will have to take the note to At&t and have them switch you to an unlimited lte plan. Then cut the new sim they give you. It will fit in both the note and iPhone.

I put a small piece of tape on the sim card so I can remove it easily. It fits in the note without an adapter this way.

By the way I gave the iPhone to my wife after a short while because I like the note so much.

Thanks. That's what I was originally thinking. So I'm assuming the iPhone will work fine with a cut LTE sim and 4G LTE data plan?

Any suggestions on where to buy an AT&T Note off contract?

sbddude

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone works fine in the lte plan, though. Att won't admit it.

I'd suggest eBay or Craigslist.

Sent from my Samsung-GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
With the device only being about a month old, don't expect too many on the market for too low of a price. The cheapest I have seen them on contract is $250 from Amazon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney