Editing a PDF

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
How is editing a PDF on the Note? I currently use a HTC Flyer for editing PDFs while in appointments but the lag (the single core 1.5 is clearly over matched) can be embarrassing at times. Opening/switching programs and loading PDFs all slow the tablet down. My VZW Galaxy Nexus excels at these tasks and I was wondering if the Note exhibited a similar performance.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
How is editing a PDF on the Note? I currently use a HTC Flyer for editing PDFs while in appointments but the lag (the single core 1.5 is clearly over matched) can be embarrassing at times. Opening/switching programs and loading PDFs all slow the tablet down. My VZW Galaxy Nexus excels at these tasks and I was wondering if the Note exhibited a similar performance.

I edit pdf documents using on the Note with an app called Soonr Scribble.

When I use the term edit I mean I use the S-Pen to mark up and make notations on the pdf. I can then send my suggested edits to my assistant who makes the actual edits in the document.

My assistant will send me pdf documents to sign, and I will sign my name using Soonr Scribble, and send the signed pdf back to her for final processing.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you need, but the Note provides a function I did not previously have with a mere smartphone.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I was curious as to how fluid the process is. The pdf I write on is a one page form I fill out several times a day. The whole process is very sluggish on my flyer. I just wanted some real world usage reviews of the Galaxy Note from people who write on pdfs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
My experience editing documents on the Note has been very fluid. I use it regularly and have not experienced any drawbacks that stand out in my mind.

I had the Wifi version of the Flyer at one point, but returned it after a 14 day trial.

One option you may consider in order to get a feel for how fluid th task is on the Note, would be to email yourself a document, then go to an At&t store and pull up your email account from there. At that point use the Note to make some edits right there in the store?

It's not a true real world test over a period of time, but it may give you some insight into what you could expect to experience.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I just found the easiest way to edit PDF files by figuring out how to do it on my new Galaxy Note Tablet and then discovering I could have been doing it on the original Galaxy Note all along. It must be a feature often overlooked. When you open S notes, open the menu and choose import. Import the pdf file you want to edit. If you click on the filename it will open in your normal pdf reader. you have to select it in the circle on the right and say ok. it will open up in Note with all the tools available. I love my Notes, both of them! :)

wildmangk

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I just found the easiest way to edit PDF files by figuring out how to do it on my new Galaxy Note Tablet and then discovering I could have been doing it on the original Galaxy Note all along. It must be a feature often overlooked. When you open S notes, open the menu and choose import. Import the pdf file you want to edit. If you click on the filename it will open in your normal pdf reader. you have to select it in the circle on the right and say ok. it will open up in Note with all the tools available. I love my Notes, both of them! :)

I just tried it and there is no IMPORT, only EXPORT...Im doing it off my Note phone...

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I just tried it and there is no IMPORT, only EXPORT...Im doing it off my Note phone...

I think you're opening a note rather than just starting the app. When you click on the S Note app, you get a screen that shows your notes, templates, etc. don't start a new note, from that screen, hit the menu button and you should see the attached screen shot. When you pick import it will ask whether it's a jpg or pdf and then you can find it in whatever folder it's in. (don't ask me about the file system, the logic is like hide and seek to me!) However I can tell you that in my case it was in the download folder and I got frustrated because the file would actually open instead of going through the import process. That's when I realized that instead of tapping on the filename to select it, you need to only select in the little circle at the right, then you pick OK at the bottom of the screen. After that it will just move into a note, tap on the imported pdf file so it will load the features and you're all set.

wildmangk

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I think you're opening a note rather than just starting the app. When you click on the S Note app, you get a screen that shows your notes, templates, etc. don't start a new note, from that screen, hit the menu button and you should see the attached screen shot. When you pick import it will ask whether it's a jpg or pdf and then you can find it in whatever folder it's in. (don't ask me about the file system, the logic is like hide and seek to me!) However I can tell you that in my case it was in the download folder and I got frustrated because the file would actually open instead of going through the import process. That's when I realized that instead of tapping on the filename to select it, you need to only select in the little circle at the right, then you pick OK at the bottom of the screen. After that it will just move into a note, tap on the imported pdf file so it will load the features and you're all set.

Could it be that I dont have the same functions since I have S Memo and not S Notes?

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Could it be that I dont have the same functions since I have S Memo and not S Notes?

You are absolutely right! S memo doesn't have the same option. Phooey! I didn't realize there was any difference between the two and I put S Note on my home page because I use it often through the day. The S Note came with the upgrade. Luckily, some other responses had apps that will do it. I don't know if you can upgrade, or get S Note perhaps through the Samsung Apps? I hope you find something that works well for you.

Reactions: DAS

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

Thank you so much!! I just read your posts and discovered I could do this through the S-Note app. It works great. The first time I tried it the import took a little long (may have been due to file size).

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't seem to be available as a separate download anywhere. I guess you'll have to look at the other options that were mentioned. Luckily there does seem to lots of options.

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
umm I am actually having some trouble importing my pdf files to S Note, it says that its importing and then S note app just shuts down and go back to the home screen! My pdf files are not more than 5 pages, no pictures all text, and not password protected. I am using the new Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 tablet! Any help is very appreciated as I was looking forward to use this feature and one of the main reasons to buy this device! Thanks!

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
i can import pdf in s note. it says downloading but after than i can not open it:.. why?_J HighNote please help me...
I'm so sorry but I don't think I can help. If it says downloading but then doesn't, there has to be a gremlin somewhere. You can always try the hail mary approach, I turn it off, really off, and pull out the battery and then restart it. Sometimes when something's acting flaky or really slow and clearing ram doesn't help, that fixes it, but I really don't have a lot of hope that it will be your solution. Sometimes I've seen threads regarding errors and people far more knowledgeable about such things than I am mention doing a factory reset, or something. The very thought of it terrifies me, but if my Snote wasn't working..... I'd start researching how to do it..... An update is supposed to come by the end of the year, that will probably fix it. Have you tried calling Samsung's customer support? Don't try chat help, that's an exercise in how to waste time and get very frustrated, but I've called a few times and gotten very knowledgeable geeks using the phone support.

architetto81

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
my problem is the same as samsung tablet user.

thanks for your attention JHighnote. i have done it with jpeg but when i want to import pdf (for example 3 pages) it says importing 3\3 then instead of opening it, main page comes that is snote shut off. i want to use it but i couldn't. also i want to ask something else. like babylon one-click dictionary in pc, is there any one click dictionary for galaxy note??

KenLW

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I am currently using qPDF Notes ($4.99) to edit and save PDF files on my Note (1) phone since I could not get the real S Note (there are awful imitators!) . So for no issues, handles very large PDFs with many photos. I use it to update a 82 page church directory PDF on my phone with new members' info and photos, as well as various other smaller PDF files. Input with pen for drawing, keyboard for text, import photos, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae