Getting the Note soon

RJShaytoon

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I've ordered the AT&T Note and should be receiving it very soon. Since we now know that ICS WILL be coming in Q2 (which starts in about a week)- what are your thoughts on rooting? Should I root it? or wait until ICS comes, then root it? Will I lose everything after the update and have to root again anyway? or will ICS help fix some of the things that you all are rooting for in the first place?

Also, I'm still not too knowledgeable about the ROM/Kernel thing... I do know that reliable ones tend to take a little longer to be available (as opposed to rooting). Are there any worth installing after the root at this present time?

Thanks for all the help! Can't wait to play Draw Something on this thing, lol

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations on your purchase. Let us know when your device arrives.

Like many, you will find this amazing device to be something a cut above anything you've used before.

I personally am not a fan of rooting my devices. However, many people swear by the process and would have it no other way. With the pending ICS update I can't wait to try out all the new things mentioned in the "premium suite" teaser video Samsung put out a few days ago.

Again, congrats! Welcome to the family of "Note" takers.

sag7392

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Instead of starting a new thread, I just wanted to say that I plan on switching over from Sprint to ATT on May 4th and getting the GNote. I've played with it for several days at a local ATT and Best Buy store and the size fits my hand like a glove. I'm coming from my beloved HTC EVO 4G and I think this device will be a upward move. I also like the support here and on XDA...can't wait to join the community!

sag7392

May 17, 2010
Visit site
^^ Yeah I know...those pricks could have played ball. The manager said it has to be a brick and mortar store within 40 miles of the Best Buy I was in. I even showed him the website and the freaking flyer and he still said no. I told him fine and tethered the GNote to my EVO and played with it for about an hour. Then I showed up the sales rep that couldn't even answer spec questions to a customer, lol. I know I was an ass there, but I couldn't pass up the chance to spite them. I know I won't get anything from there.

sag7392

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to hijack this thread...I'm wondering a few things about the GNote as well and didn't see a need to start a new thread. So I am posting my questions over from XDA. There, I got a very good response, but I wanted to see if some of you wanted to chime in as well. Thanks!

Here it is