Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I change the default contacts editor?

When I first selected "edit" (after selecting a contact) I was prompted to chose what my default contacts editor would be. "Contacts" or "Touch Down"? I chose "Touch Down". I now want to change it to "Contacts". How do I do this? THANX!
    DAS

Global Posts
    1,019 Global Posts

I'm not familiar with that particular app, but have you tried to click on the app from within the app drawer, select menu and settings, and there is usually an option to exit the app.

Select exit and this should give the option to chose between the two choicea the next time you enter a contact.

Let me know if this helps.

Default Re: How do I change the default contacts editor?

Settings>Applications> Manage Applications> Find Touch Down .... click Default App button. That should clear it. Next time you edit it will ask you again to choose default app.

Hope this helps.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, Centro(AT&T), Palm Pre Plus(AT&T), Nook Color, HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note(AT&T), Nexus 7 (32), Nexus 4 (16), Nexus 7 2013 LTE, Nexus 5 32
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by S-Doo-1965 View Post
    Settings>Applications> Manage Applications> Find Touch Down .... click Default App button. That should clear it. Next time you edit it will ask you again to choose default app.

Hope this helps.
    That question has been been bothering me. I have done a few searches down blind alleys. Thanks for putting me out of my misery. I know the basics of how "intents" launch apps, but that knowledge was no help at all.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by S-Doo-1965 View Post

Hope this helps.

That worked THANX!!!!
    Thanked by:

Hi, sorry but am not able to change the same, it's showing no defaults set... Pls advise

Thanks guys. I am using Android 4.4.2 and was totally foxed as I could not add any thing to my contacts or change an existing one. This was frustrating to say the least.

Fortunately
    Settings->Apps (under Devices) ->IBM Notes Traveler-> Launch by Default -> Clear Settings helped.

This message is for others who face similar problems