Hope to reduce ram usage?
03-05-2015 09:19 AM
- Hi, I notice that my ram on the 1week old note often running low or using nearly half of the ram. Ex 400-500/800mb. Even after I close every running app down, it'LL still refuse to go down below 400. May I know y? N how to fix it? Or can it be considered as normal?04-03-2012 03:10 AM
- The RAM still in use after closing apps is more than likely for system use. Drivers for the hardware, or system hooks for some apps can run without the ability to turn them off.
Examples could be software to run the touchscreen, radios, video and memory (kernel drivers). These are basically mandatory system tasks.
Similar to a computer, you always have tasks running in the background that take up RAM.04-17-2012 05:15 PM
- Same question really. My 2wk old Galaxy SIII is running at 664mb of 780mb. Functionality and speed does not appear to be affected (for the moment) but should it be running so high? Iv accessed the Task Managrr and ensured all active apps were closed but this only brought it down by a few mb's. Previously my old Galaxy (original model) ran very slow & sluggish and dont want that to happen again with my new fone! Thanks07-27-2012 11:31 PM
- If by task manager you are talking about long pressing the menu key until a list if apps appears, there is some speculation on the forums that that actually closes apps.
Some believe that is just a list of recently used apps. Swiping them away just removes them from that list instead of closing them properly.
Also, as far as I know, my GSIII has 2GB of ram, so more apps can run comfortably. I have only had to force close one app because it was behaving poorly. I accomplished that through settings\application management.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums07-27-2012 11:50 PM
My 1 month old N7k was using 650-675mb (running 4.0 IceCreanSandwich) and I reset the phone, on the advice of from a member here...(thx btw) and that helped. I also went into Settings; >Developer Tools; >Limit Backround Processes; ● Limit 4. Noticed a difference there too. Curious to know if that helps you as well let us know.11-04-2012 08:29 PM
- Unlike our older desktops with windows, Linux and therefore, android are designed to use as much ram as possible. Idle ram is wasted ram. If you have concerns about the memory usage use the task manager on the phone and let it remove what it knows is ok.
For heavens sake don't use task killers, just use the task manger on the phone by holding down the home button.11-07-2012 09:15 AM
- Same question really. My 2wk old Galaxy SIII is running at 664mb of 780mb. Functionality and speed does not appear to be affected (for the moment) but should it be running so high? Iv accessed the Task Managrr and ensured all active apps were closed but this only brought it down by a few mb's. Previously my old Galaxy (original model) ran very slow & sluggish and dont want that to happen again with my new fone! Thanks03-05-2015 09:19 AM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Note
- AT&T Galaxy Note
Hope to reduce ram usage?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD