ICS leak

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm downloading a rom for it over at XDA as I type. This is what I've been waiting for. :)

npyle

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if the ICS Touchwiz version has Google's new People app included? I see from the screen shots there's still the 'Contacts', but I was looking forward to an upgrade to ICS to include the new People. Either way, I'm downloading the files as we speak :)

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded thanks to Jerry's front page story here and running for 30 mins and I will say without hesitation if you like the Note (and there's a lot to like) wait until you get ICS on the Note. Any hint of hesitation seems gone, screen seems crisper. Might be placebo effect the guys spoke of in last weeks Podcast but everything just seems as it works better. As I set up the wifi I noticed in "wireless and networks" it allows you to turn NFC on - not that I have any way of checking if it actually does so...

More after I play with this some more but 30 mins in - I scream for Ice Cream!

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It runs really nice. This is my third Rom in a week. I think I may take a break from installing another one. I got everything set up the way I want for now.

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I just got my Note last night, so I am just now beginning to play around with it. What is the best method for rooting this phone. I have experience rooting, as I have used the XDA forums with my previous Evo phone. Also, what is this about a Flash counter? I understand if you install the new ICS leak without a rooted version, the flash counter goes up one? Does that void the warranty? I would like to keep my warranty valid within my 30 day trial period if possible. At least if I root and then install an ICS rom, I can always go back to stock un-rooted form.

npyle

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree with randall2580, loving ICS on my Note now--runs alot more smoothly/quickly. Am disappointed that Touchwiz retains the 'Contacts' app instead of the Google People app though :( Will report back more after I get to spend some more time with it, but so far, so good.

joshua.h.henry

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I've had my note for more than a month. ICS is amazing on this thing. ..no more lag on open tabs in the browser. Chrome is awesome. The s pen seems to have corrected its crappy offset. The battery thus far seems a little better. My quadrant score jumped to 3300.(which doesn't matter). No more lag on the unlock screen. Im finally happy with a phone. I totally recommend this Rom.:p

jasoncalhoun1978

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I just got my Note last night, so I am just now beginning to play around with it. What is the best method for rooting this phone. I have experience rooting, as I have used the XDA forums with my previous Evo phone. Also, what is this about a Flash counter? I understand if you install the new ICS leak without a rooted version, the flash counter goes up one? Does that void the warranty? I w(ould like to keep my warranty valid within my 30 day trial period if possible. At least if I root and then install an ICS rom, I can always go back to stock un-rooted form.
use odin its the easiest way v1.85 i think tar file also yes it will void ur warranty and raise counter but well worth it

jasoncalhoun1978

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had my note for more than a month. ICS is amazing on this thing. ..no more lag on open tabs in the browser. Chrome is awesome. The s pen seems to have corrected its crappy offset. The battery thus far seems a little better. My quadrant score jumped to 3300.(which doesn't matter). No more lag on the unlock screen. Im finally happy with a phone. I totally recommend this Rom.:p
my phone on quadrant is 3250 root with stock rom

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
one day later and I am still loving this drop of ICS on the Note, I still believe it makes a great phone even better. Have run into a few little gripes, the check boxes for the email don't seem big enough for my big fingers, voice talk doesn't open when I turn on my bluetooth as it did on Gingerbread, those are the 2 small problems I have noted so far. There are 2 apps I like (Screen Slider and HBO Go) that don't work with ICS (yet I hope). I still feel the OS maximizes things for the HD screen better than Gingerbread did. There is definitely less lag in transitions. Gmail and Email contrasts are a bit better and makes the mail easier to read. Some things better thought out - there is always a trash pail on top of the mail, saves a step - there are other things like this I have noted along the way.

I understand that this is an "unofficial" drop and that the final should be even better. I can't wait as I think this drop is really excellent.

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
If you want the true taste of ICS, run the APEX launcher vs. using TW.

Stock is for the birds! Get the counter reset package and don't look back!

Someone try to copy text from an email in Gmail, mine hangs sometimes and also BeWeather has issues updating mainly if WFi is enabled and connected.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Down loaded yesterday. Really like it. My blue ant q 2is non compatible right now so flashed back to GB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech