Odin won't recognize my phone

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have installed every driver and have an HP computer running Windows 7. I want to root or at least install ICS. Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Reboot everything and use a USB port direct off the mother board. You are the Admin I assume, because that is important to run it as.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Its a laptop so idk which one is off the board and as far as what you told me to do...it didn't work. Idk why but it won't recognize it and I've tried 4 different downloads from various sites including rootzwiki and rootmynote.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Its a laptop so idk which one is off the board and as far as what you told me to do...it didn't work. Idk why but it won't recognize it and I've tried 4 different downloads from various sites including rootzwiki and rootmynote.

Most laptops are all off the motherboard. I have a PC that has to many USB ports and the best ones are the dedicated high speed ones from the MB. Wish I could be more help, but I remember something about having to install the driver properly from the device manager. It was like I had it downloaded but not initiated properly.....good luck, sorry I couldn't help more.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I want a good ICS ROM but I haven't figured out any for the AT&T version of the Note. I want CM9 but read that the camera doesn't work...

Sent from my Note!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I want a good ICS ROM but I haven't figured out any for the AT&T version of the Note. I want CM9 but read that the camera doesn't work...

Sent from my Note!

Awesome, CM always does the camera stuff later it seems. Let us know what you flash and how it runs?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just keep trying all the solutions/work arounds in here.. Odin is a tricky sucker, always has been.. All about having a SOLID connection between device/computer.

Bad usb cables, worn out USB ports, drivers, etc.. so much headache but once you get it resolved its GOOD TIMES ;)

Farzad bastani

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
dont use odin!!!

realy,dont use this app if your phone is awake and rooted!
just install ROM Manager and follow Method 2(Flashing ClockWorkMod through Rom Manager) of this post:
I am a new member,so cant send link,so google this:

how-to-install-clockworkmod-recovery-android-phone-tablet-easy-method site:techverse.net

and follow second method.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol