| || |
Re: I pulled the trigger!!!!!!!
Just to follow up on my Note experience, I want to provide some highlights.
1. The Note screen size is EXACTLY what I needed and longed for. The screen resolution is on par with other high end devices. The sharpness could be a tad better...as compared to the Skyrocket...but it is certainly not a deal breaker. I personally think it's very good and I don't really care about the screen wars...gimme a screen that packs a punch and I'm good. Also, this screen size is great to have when transitioning from my Galaxy Tab 10.1. Plus, this device fits perfect in my big paws. I can text one handed and again, the size is just right.
2. This device is fast stock...coming from an EVO 4G w/a single core processor could be the reason I felt the speed difference. I have tweaked the hell of it with a custom ROM by The Collective (a GB ROM dubbed- Unofficial), OC'd it (hovering at 1782000 with no ill effect on battery), V6 Supercharged it (all my devices run this bad *** script), and got rid of the remaining bloat (which the custom ROM did a fantastic job of). It screams now!
3. The build does seem a little cheap with the plastic parts, but I know it's not even close to being a cheap device. Samsung needs to do a better job in this area. I plan on dropping this beauty in a case and that solves that. I am also amazed at how thin this device is. Last, I definitely got looks with this device. It's the white model and people were really looking at this beauty.
4. The camera is really good. I use an ICS+ camera app from the Play Store (same app I used on my EVO) and this device really takes great pictures. Even the front facing camera is good. I haven't done any video chatting yet, but I know the picture will be just fine. I also haven't done any video, will report back when I do.
5. The data network on ATT, is flat out fast here in the Kansas City, MO metro area!!! I'm pulling speeds that run circles around Sprint's and even my home WiFi network. This was one of the motivating factors to leave Sprint...glad I did. LTE is all over the place here as well. I have yet to see it drop.
6. Battery life seemed okay over the weekend. I was able to get a day out of the device, with moderate use and still had some juice left as well. However for me, I have chargers all over the place. So this has never been a problem for me.
Overall, I am impressed by the Note. It gives me everything I was looking for in a device. I'm still learning how to use the S Pen...which is another function that makes this device unique. When it's all said and done, this device is a true winner. I wouldn't recommend this device to the casual user...but I would recommend this to users that wants to get the most out of a device. This device is bigger than texting and email...yes, the pun was intended.
I hope this helps anyone looking at this device.