Samsung Calendar Sync
07-23-2015 12:49 AM
- First off the Samsung native apps are beautiful! That said, I would really like to try using native apps this time arround for a change. I feel with this phone, more than any other I've had, that it will be more than capable.
My trouble has been with the native calendar app. The quick add feature seems very enticing but when I hit the "+" button (top left) on the widget or the app itself I get a pop up that says
"Google calendar cannot sync with Samsung Kies. Use My calendar to sync with Kies."
Now, if I just hit ok there is a second pop up that says
"Local calendar cannot sync with Google calendar. You need a Google account."
At the bottom of this pop up there are two options;
"Go to account and sync" or "Do not show again"
When I click on "Go to account and sync" it takes me into "accounts and sync" where my accounts are clearly and properly synced. I can re sync all day long and it still doesn't work. I can enter accounts and sync independent the calendar re-direct and still no fix.
I should mention here that when I first loaded the calendar as a widget or just went into the app it was already populated with my calendar entries. AND If I make changes from my desktop they show up on the note. In fact just tested it out and I can actually delete an event from the note and it will delete on the desktop. Turns out the only thing the native calendar app wont do is the only thing I need it to do, which is, ADD NEW EVENTS FROM THE NOTE.
Got excited when I thought I had found a fix when I read about clearing the calendar storage in the manage applications section in the main settings and re-syncing everything but even that hasn't worked.
I have searched all kinds of sites and cant seem to find anyone else describing my problem as I'm having it. Part of me wonders if it will fix itself with the ICS update but I kinda need my calendar app. I add to it every day from my office and on the go and need to be able to look at the same calendar.
Please help!04-30-2012 09:32 PMLike 1
- I wish I could duplicate your experience, but I can't
However, I will keep trying to help you. I sure others will chime in also.
I have several people at my office and there are a few other Note owners. I will inquire tomorrow at the office.
I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful. The calendar app is important, and getting it to work properly is crucial.04-30-2012 10:19 PM
I had the same issue as rossforney with my S calendar on my Note, i.e any event I would create in S calendar would not show up in my google calendar (no matter which quick or slow create method I would use), even after forcing sync; yet any event created on my google calendar would show up without problem on my S calendar.
Actually when creating an event from S calendar on my Note, when asked to choose a calendar, I would tap the dropdown and select "My calendar" radio button from the "Select account" box. When selecting "My calendar", I noticed that the event never appeared in my Google calendar.
However, if I create an event in Scalendar on my Note and I choose my gmail.com account radio button from the "Select account" box, my event created in S calendar would ALSO (at last!) display in google calendar.
Not sure if this is the same issue faced by rossforney and others, and if so, I hope this will help.
Marlyse06-05-2012 04:43 AMLike 2
- Actually, what I meant is, if you want to sync your S calendar with Google calendar both ways, when creating an event in S calendar in your GNote, you need to select your gmail.com account, not the "My calendar" radio button from the dropdown in the create event dialog. Selecting your gmail.com account will ensure your event gets displayed in your google calendar as well. If you select "My calendar", it will only display in your S calendar.
Marlyse06-06-2012 05:10 AM
- I have MS Outlook 2003, Windows XP sp3, Gmail Calendar, and a SAMSUNG Galaxy Note SGH-I717. After ICS 4.0 update on the phone, my Calendar would not sync more than 30 days or so. I found that if I cleared storage in the Calendar app and Calendar storage on my phone, I could use Samsung Kies ver 184.108.40.20664 and it would sync my Outlook 2003 with my phone. It would sync ALL Calendar events in my calendar. (some back to 1986). It will run a long time in Kies and even when it is finished it will still be updating the phone even longer. After 10 mins ir so it was done. ( over 4000 events to sync). Only difference was that Kies made the events in the Calendar show up in blue color instead of black.08-04-2012 04:12 PM
- Can anyone help? My Native Calendar app wont sync with my Gmail calendar. If I put an event into the phone it wont show up on my Gmail calendar. However if I put an event on the Gmail calendar it will show up on the Native Calendar on the phone. I have hit sync dozens of times and it just does not work. Does anyone have a fix for this?01-01-2013 02:04 PM
- simona1014 - the following post should answer your question. essentially, you need to choose to post an event to your gmail account, not to "My Calendar"
sync calendar with google calendar - xda-developers01-18-2013 12:12 AM
- Have problem downloading my old data from my Notes 1 S Planner to my Notes 2 S planner
When I tried to change a previous activity from MY CALENDER to GMAIL, the whole event would disappear and cannot be found again. Tried several test details and it happened always.
How can I get my old data over to the Notes 201-27-2013 12:59 AM
- I had this same problem. I could add events in Outlook on my desktop, they would sync with Google Calendar and then my Samsung Galaxy S3 calendar would be updated with the event. But when adding an event on my phone calendar, it wouldn't update my Google or Outlook calendars. While in my phone calendar, I clicked Menu/Settings/Calendar and unchecked "My Calendar". Then I tested it by posting events back and forth among all three calendars. Now everything syncs among all three, regardless where or how it's been added.
Hope such a simple solution works for others...03-06-2013 10:47 PM
- Simple request - but cannot find the best solution. Was using Google's synch program, but its been discontinued. I made the mistake of uninstalling it (it was working, but buggy). Now I am searching for a free synch program to use - Outlook to my Samsung S2 - and of course two way synch. I just tried Android Synch Manager from MobileAction and it's slow and very clumsy. Any recommendations? I must use Outlook at the desktop level - Gmail, etc. is not an option for me. All I really need is calendar and contact synch.
Thanks03-07-2013 06:51 AM
- I figured out what the problem is... if you have Samsung Kies/Samsung phoneand you are using the samsung calendar app (which I think is a better app compared to the google calendar app) then you need to turn off "My Calendar" on calendar app. What is happening is that you are making your calendar entries through the samsung default and not through google default. When you make entries into calendar the default may be "My Calendar". if the message pops up that Kies can't sync event then that is; Your RED Flag that the event was logged under "My Calendar". Change default to you Google account or whatever. as you can see in pic it says "My Calendar", click on side arrow to change default. Good luck!
I hope these Pictures are incl:https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...TelWaFhmYpQjkA07-14-2013 08:13 PM
- Lo Mack, you are a genius!!!! Thank you! I have been going nuts trying figure out how to fix this! I had it happen once before on another Samsung phone and could not remember the fix. You have made my day! Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
- - - Updated - - -
Lo Mack, you are a genius!!!! Thank you! I have been going nuts trying figure out how to fix this! I had it happen once before on another Samsung phone and could not remember the fix. You have made my day! Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!!!!!!!!07-29-2013 08:00 AM
- I seem to be having the exact opposite problem than everyone else. I've searched everywhere and haven't been able to find a solution yet. My google calendars partially sync to my Galaxy tab 3. I can see my personal calendar, but not the seperate one I've created for work or the default Canadian holidays even though I have them checked to sync. I've tried just about everything to get them to show up. I can create an event on my tab under my work calendar and have it show up on my Google calendar online but none of the events I've created online will sync to the tab. Can anyone help? I even tried to the google calendar app and it still wouldn't show up....07-31-2013 05:19 PM
- Hi, I get the error as well. What I'm not understanding is when I use the stock calendar I getting the same pop up saying "Samsung Kies will not sync with google calendars. Use my calendar to sync with Google's calendar." Ok this is what I don't understand. Isnt the calendar I'm using to get this pop up "my calendar" ? So why would it say to use the same app I'm already using to sync with google, if it already knows it can't sync? I looked through all my apps and I don't have any labeled " My Calendar" I only have the app that says just "Calendar". And it goes right to this stock calendar that I hage a giant widget for. So am I missing something here? Is "My Calendar" a seperate app then "Calendar"? And if samsung makes a phone that runs a google OS (operating system) wouldn't the have the programing abilities to merge these two calendars? I mean Google's OS is open source, I don't see why samsung cant write code for their Kies app that can merge wih Google's calendar.
Seems very ironically that Sansung sells a phone that runs an OpenSource OS by Google who they obviously have a serious contract with because these Samsung higher end mobile devices are far superior to any other android mobile device. I have a GS3, GS4, and Note2 and the abilities these phones have blow me away. Like I push these phones past their full potential and they still perform well. Theres so much you can do on them now. I've designed ways to make a cloud server using free apps from the play store and I can sync my phone to my PlayStation 3. Utilizing the PS3 to install crazy stuff that I can download from my phone.I can upload movies, music, pictures to the PS3 and better yet I can install PS3 updates, download packs (if you know what that is) and best yet free games. I don't even need internet service at home to go online with my PS3 its all done from my phone and free apps.
My point is about all this it can do all these crazy things but why cant it sync its proprietary calander with its contracted OS's calendar? Seems like a mundane issue for them to fix so why not spend 20 minutes to right some code and fix it?
I'm going to write down a few of your problems on this thread and figure out a fix for them so check back every week of so for the answer. I know my way around these phones. My girlfriend says I'm like Rain Man but with technology an especially phone..... I just think its my computer science degree and certs in MCSE, MCSA, NET+, A+, and SERVER+.... I just like the Rain Man idea though too08-22-2013 02:59 AM
- For those of us whose events (on their Google calendar) are not showing up on our web Google calendar, I figured out a crude workaround. It's not a full solution, but at least it helps.
1. Log into your Google calendar on your computer.
2. Open your Samsung calendar app on your phone. Deselect all calendars but the corresponding Google calendar.
3. Compare the 2 calendars and check to see which events are missing from the computer. It may be helpful to do this in agenda mode.
4. On your phone, open an event. Hit the menu button, then hit copy. Make no changes. Save the new event.
5. Back out of this event. You should now see a duplicate event. Hit the menu button, then hit sync.
6. When it's done syncing, reload your computer's browser page with Google calendar. You should see your event, finally on your computer browser.
7. If it worked, go ahead and copy each event, 1 by 1, on your phone. Once you've done them all, sync. Check the browser to make sure you got them all.
8. If you're really lucky, it will somehow update both events and you can delete the extras on the browser. If you're not, go ahead and delete the first event of each pair. I recommend you sync after each delete to make sure you got the right one. It would really suck if you deleted a bunch of new events and had to do it all over again.
Well, that's it. Hope this helps some of you. And, hope you don't have too many events to copy If anyone finds a better workaround, please post it here.10-10-2013 05:16 PM
- OK so I get how to solve the problem in the future...but what about all my old entries? the only way that I have found so far is to go into each individual entry, hit "my calendar" and change it to my "gmail calendar." I need to go all the way back to APRIL....this is going to take forever and a half this way! Does anyone know of a faster way?11-12-2013 08:48 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Note
- AT&T Galaxy Note
Samsung Calendar Sync
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD