Screen lock while on phone?

enduser2941

May 8, 2011
www.rsfsquad.org
Hey all. I have the galaxy note and I'm stuck finding the solution. Problem is I have seen such an app once but in looking now I can't seem to use the correct keywords to find one.

I'm looking for an app that can lock the touch screen while I'm on the phone so that if my face touches screen by mistake it doesn't end the call or mess up anything else. I hope y'all understand what I'm looking for.

As always I appreciate your assistance .

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
The phone has a proximity sensor that does this automatically. It senses when your face is near the phone and turns the screen off. I have had the phone since launch and have not had an issue.

enduser2941

May 8, 2011
www.rsfsquad.org
Interesting. Thanks for the info as I am wondering if that is something that got turned off because earlier today I was on the phone and must have hit the screen because the call got disconnected and I wound up on the apparently page. Where would I look to see if this is running?

I really appreciate the info

lillybelle5668

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung Double Time..any suggestions? I went to settings-call but there was no option for face proximity. Is there something I can download? I'm getting really tired of hanging up on everyone I talk to.

enduser2941

May 8, 2011
www.rsfsquad.org
Hey Lillybelle, (cute nic btw) unfortunately I do not have that phone but I did a couple of things to try and help you out, as so many here have been so wonderful to me even to my silly questions, so I did a couple little things for you to try and help you out. If you still find yourself in a bind, I would recommend either Creating your own thread on the forums here, though I do not believe that there is a dedicated thread for your phone, you could always post it where you think it should go and if you picked the wrong place, the mods would be kind enough to help move it to the appropriate place.

Ok first, I did a little research on google, as I personally have never even heard of this phone, though it may be distributed to different markets with different names (ie my late HTC Inspire 4G branded for sale in the US via AT&T, was actually physically identically to the HTC Desire HD which was slightly different for the EU market) but I digress, I found an nifty article on a site relating to this problem.

Not having heard of this phone, and the fact that I like arguing with the morons over a Samsungs Chat Support Rep's, I contacted them to find out what information I could about the proximity sensors. Now according to Samsung support rep, this phone does infact have the proximity sensors but they are supposed trigger automatically with out the use on an app or check box some where. Since you said that you were having this problem a little light buld showed up over my head, no wait, that was just my kitty! So I decided to use my best friend (well second best, cat's the first) and I found this following site Free Samsung SGH-i857 DoubleTime (Samsung Habrok) DHD Proximity Sensor Recalibrator App Download in Display & Flashlight Tag so you are probably asking what does a flashlight app have to due with your hanging up on people or face dialing..... Ahhhhh, now here is where you should try and get Samsung to permanently fix this if they haven't already but we know how long it takes them and AT&T to release anything timely. Anyway, this guy wrote this flashlight app that gives you the ability to calibrate the phones proximity sensor. Give that a try lillybelle5668. I hope that works for you and or you have found another way to fix this issue with your device, as I have never even heard of the Samsung Double time, and when I asked them on their chat support this morning for you, with this phone there is no way to enable / disable, it should be auto matic. Best of luck, and I would never ever ask this because I'm not usually one to ask of something like this, but if this helps your problem could you please "Thank me?" I want everone here that helps me realize that I due try to help where I can, but I am still pretty much a n00b when it comes to the Android OS. I wonder if there is a Android for Dummies I could buy lol! All my best!

pappyfire

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey enduser! I do not have a Double Time, but, one of my granddaughters has one and her sensor works fine. Hopefully the calibration app you found will work for Lillybelle.
The biggest reason I responded to your post, however, was to compliment you. I've frequented a lot of forums for many years and the general response to someone asking a dumb question or posting it in the wrong place is to rip them a new one. It's refreshing to see civility in the forum.

Reactions: enduser2941

lillybelle5668

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Dear enduser2941...thank you for your help. I downloaded the app you found but when I click on it in my download folder I get "Parse error - There is a problem parsing the package". I think I just need to take it back to the store and ask them for help. Sigh. thank you again. lillybelle5668

enduser2941

May 8, 2011
www.rsfsquad.org
Thank you very much for the compliments. Greatly appreciated.

Now you could try and return the device in hopes that the next one doesn't have this problem or maybe the company you bought it from may even let you return it for a different phone. Should you choose to keep the device, I would always recommend that if you do have to keep this device with this problem, contact the developer of the app that was put out to fix it. The Devs are generally awesome people and usually pretty passionate about what they do, and in this case, the dev probably was only able to test it to work against certain phones meaning that the device you have may have a path different or a file it needs to run and since the dev more then likely doesn't have your phone he may not know that it doesn't work with your phone. I would pop him and email and give him your devices info (Settings>Phone) and he would probably be more then happy to update this app to work with your phone.

Though I would still recommend getting a hold of the Samsung Tech Support as its always a possibility that they may have a way for you to correct this (though Samsungs support is ridiculous) but at least you can make them aware of the problem. Best of luck and if there is ever anything I can help you with I would be more then happy to, just ask, worst I could say is that I have no clue lol :)

Thanks Again!