1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default case or no case.

Was woundering if majority of people put a case on this monster or just leave it as be, nice and slim. Have been looking around the net. To see a drop test but havent found one. I have multiple cases but just love the thinnest of the phone without.

Default Re: case or no case.

I have the flip case to protect the glass which i use all the time.
    Also have the factory case which i have to use when i use the car dock.
    I swap them out when i need the google maps or when i want to record video
    while driving.
    The only thing future proof in electronics is the electricity itself.

dmmarck "I love wiping myself!"
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, Centro(AT&T), Palm Pre Plus(AT&T), Nook Color, HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note(AT&T), Nexus 7 (32), Nexus 4 (16)

I tried to use a case on my Gnote but I use the car dock and the desktop dock to keep the battery charged and found myself putting it and taking it off and puting it back on....I decided to just leave it off.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

I use a cheap TPU case from ebay and an armband for the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by sbddude View Post
    I use a cheap TPU case from ebay and an armband for the gym.
    you must have bodybuilder arms. Lol!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

Like the OP, it was important to me to maintain the thin profile of the Note. I wanted no added bulk.

I discovered the Incipio Feather Lite case to be the best at maintaining the protection I need, but with no excess weight or bulk to the device.

By the way, I also use an armband for the Note when I run. The lightweight and thin nature of the Incipio case allows the Note to fit into the armband without removing it.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I fought it but ended up getting the Casemate Tough case for my Note. Reason being is the lip around the screen that would protect it should I drop my most used and useful possession. It's a bit bulkier but it definitely feels safer as well as sits less slippery in my hands.

Just my two cents.

I got some real thin case from Elago or something like that. it was like 12 bucks on Amazon. It makes the note grippy enough for it not to slip out of my hands, but also adds little to no bulk. I dont have a screen protector. It's gorilla glass, so its kind of unnecessary.

Is there a case that you can use on it and still use the car dock ?

I have tried 3 different style cases and decided the phone doesn't need one (Gorilla Glass)
    I like the slimness. Just wish it had a built in kickstand.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I like to protect some of my devices. This is one of them. I have both the screen protector and a case on mine. I sometimes slip my Note into my front pants pocket and we all know what can happen while it's on there. I use the iVisor AG by Moshi. It's removable and washable.
    The case is a candy shell from Speck. Hope this helps.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Talking Re: case or no case.

Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    Like the OP, it was important to me to maintain the thin profile of the Note. I wanted no added bulk.

I discovered the Incipio Feather Lite case to be the best at maintaining the protection I need, but with no excess weight or bulk to the device.

By the way, I also use an armband for the Note when I run. The lightweight and thin nature of the Incipio case allows the Note to fit into the armband without removing it.
    As you guys can see I've been a long time lurker, but have to say thanks! I've never had a case on any of the phones I've ever owned, but your post conviced me. This is exactly whatt i was looking for.

on a side note anyone know how to get the sense(HTC) keyboard on this thing? /thread hijack

I've tried three cases now. All of them to minimize bulk.
    However, I've gone back to naked....
    It's just so nice. I realized I just take darn good care of this thing.
    Its worth the risk to enjoy it. I also don't have a screen protector.
    I've had the note for 5 weeks without a problem.
    If I just continue doing what I'm doing I'll never have a problem.
    Of course everyone is different so YMMV