Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tmx31415
  • 1 Post By striders
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default lag ... lag... lag ...

Hello all. I have had my note for almost two months and i love the phone. My note has had some serious lag and freezing problems.so much so that im having it replaced. Has anyone else had the phone lag so much they got rid of it? Has anyone had bad lag and found out what the problem was? Please share...

No lag here. Check your app library. Try resetting your phone add your apps and check for lag. Wouldn't want to install the same app to the replacement phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

The only time I have experienced any lag is when I have certain third party live wallpapers.

The stock live wallpapers that come with the phone seem to be okay, but to be on the safe side I just stay away from live wallpaper.

Galaxy Note! Phone. Tablet. Planner. Notepad. eReader. The only device I need!

Default Re: lag ... lag... lag ...

I've had my Note for a little over 2 months now, and rarely ever have lag. When I do it is usually from running multiple programs at once (I'm notorious for multi-tasking). Every day use though, haven't had any issues.

ROM
    Jelly Bean 4.1.2..

Quote Originally Posted by onlyoneromeo View Post
    Hello all. I have had my note for almost two months and i love the phone. My note has had some serious lag and freezing problems.so much so that im having it replaced. Has anyone else had the phone lag so much they got rid of it? Has anyone had bad lag and found out what the problem was? Please share...
    I'm wondering if/when the official ICS drops for this phone, will the lag stop..?
    Smartphone curious but not smartphone smart..

Wondering the same thing. Haven't been brave enough to try the leaked ICS. Maybe someone who has tried it can tell us if there is improvement.

Switch to a blackberry storm for a week, then your note will seem perfect lol.
    Actually the updated ics leak did seem to. Speed. Up. My gnote.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Lol @ hercules.i actually still have a mint condition storm and it actually hardly ever lagged at all. This note was pretty bad.hopefully my replacement phone will be a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by presley06 View Post
    Wondering the same thing. Haven't been brave enough to try the leaked ICS. Maybe someone who has tried it can tell us if there is improvement.
    Being honest, rooting your phone isn't hard AT ALL. Just go to the Samsung Galaxy Note XDA forum (for our Note not the international forum HUGE difference), and theres a pretty detailed guide on rooting your phone. To answer your question, I'm rooted and am running a rom thats based on the latest ICS leak, thing is blazing fast and is really stable. There's even a tablet UI if you want to try that out. Oh yeah, the S-Voice thats on the Samsung Galaxy S3 got leaked and can be used on our Notes!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

lalala is everything working on that leaked rom you are using? any issues?

Honestly, everything is working perfectly. Only problem is that Instagram isn't working if thats any important to ya. Using S-Voice with the Galaxy Note is pretty fun (though I'm guessing its much better on the S3). The camera lag is fixed somewhat, everything seems speedy, a lot of add-ons, its pretty stable in my opinion. And now there was a new leak for ICS leaked today so devs are working on that and porting it into their ICS roms to make them even more stable and faster. Also, if you don't want to go to ICS, there are blazing fast GB roms. If ya got any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaLa View Post
    Honestly, everything is working perfectly. Only problem is that Instagram isn't working if thats any important to ya. Using S-Voice with the Galaxy Note is pretty fun (though I'm guessing its much better on the S3). The camera lag is fixed somewhat, everything seems speedy, a lot of add-ons, its pretty stable in my opinion. And now there was a new leak for ICS leaked today so devs are working on that and porting it into their ICS roms to make them even more stable and faster. Also, if you don't want to go to ICS, there are blazing fast GB roms. If ya got any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
    Care to comment on Saurom? Looks like it lags too and it one of the best GB roms for the Note.

Never used any GB roms but based on the thread, it looks fine. Found a video on youtube on the rom:
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4hd5jG1ztc&feature=relmfu[/YT]
    I couldn't go back to GB though, the multi-tasking on ICS is just too good haha. I'd suggest if you want to try out a ICS rom, do the TEAM PERFECTION ICS rom (which is what I'm using currently), no problems at all, friendly dev, great people in the thread who can help you out (though you have to have 10 posts to post in the development section). To anyone who's interested on rooting your Note, I watched this video to learn how to root my phone:
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S5Lw7uxdtU[/YT]
    Last edited by LaLaLa; 05-21-2012 at 01:47 AM.

I would love to root my note, but all I have are Macs. No access to PC.

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    ROM
    DAS BAMF 1.6.3 LeanKernel

Try to freeze AT&T bloatware. Root and use Titanium Backup.

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by presley06 View Post
    I would love to root my note, but all I have are Macs. No access to PC.
    How about using VMWare Fusion?

There is a root method on Mac called heimdol I believe. Go to rootgalaxynote.com. He is goofy as all get out but he knows what he's doing. He has the links for a lot of good ROMs too.

Just found out from the carrier that ICS will be coming in a few months. This is enough. I am tired of being promised something from them with no result. This is why Google is going to change the game with their Nexus line. The device lags, freezes, shuts off amongst other things. Going to switch back to the Nexus.

S-Doo-1965 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tmx31415 View Post
    Just found out from the carrier that ICS will be coming in a few months. This is enough. I am tired of being promised something from them with no result. This is why Google is going to change the game with their Nexus line. The device lags, freezes, shuts off amongst other things. Going to switch back to the Nexus.

Att? Can one run vanilla ics on the sIII?

DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

@tmx31415: No sarcasm intended or implied, but why would you get a device that doesn't have the operating system you prefer only to complain about once you get it home?

The ICS upgrade was promised to be delivered within quarter 2 of 2012, and that means sometime between April - June.

However, the disclaimer to that announcement was that it was subject to country and carrier approval.

Many people are waiting for the upgrade, but to be fair I think it's best to wait and see if the month of June comes and goes without an update before being too alarmed.

Galaxy Note! Phone. Tablet. Planner. Notepad. eReader. The only device I need!

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by tmx31415 View Post

You're going to Nexus because of ICS or the lag and freezing issue?

I don't have any lag or freezing issues...
    S-Doo-1965 likes this.

I have the International version and I have been noticing lag lately. Maybe it isn't lag but just slow. I don't know how to describe it. My GSII on Sprint blows it away in speed so maybe it is lag.

I still love the phone but wish it were faster. I don't know what could be causing it. The higher screen resolution needing more horsepower?

I'm running ICS btw.