OMG Any update on when ICS for US version of Note is coming???

pearldrums2008

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: OMG Any update on when ICS for US version of Note is coming??

I just tried to look for updates and it says an update is avaliable, but the server is busy...Update coming maybe???

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

It's kind of funny how this is all panning out on the upgrade.

At&t and Samsung have both said that the Note is to get the ICS update, but they are not tellling when exactly, or even hinting at it.

The Tab 2 10.1 comes out and it has ICS installed, will Samsung update the old Tab 10.1 anytime soon, why should they now. All they appear to be doing is waiting for people to get upset enough to move to the Tab 2 with the IR port and SD card upgrades/additions. That or lose a customer who goes to Asus or iPad, etc.

The same scenario appears to be happening with the Galaxy SII and the Note. They appear to be dragging their heals due to the coming Galaxy SIII in hopes that people want to upgrade their phones instead of upgrading their OS on their old phones. They make more money selling a new phone to customers on a 2 year contract than they do pushing a free upgrade to ICS. Why would they throw that out there as soon as possible.

If everything goes as they plan, the ICS update may not roll out until Jelly Bean starts to roll out, then the ICS upgrade will no longer be a threat to the bottom line of at&t or Samsung.

At least that's how I figure it.

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
At&t is issuing canned responses on Facebook about the update. I'm tired of the empty promises. I guess its all about the S III.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dadymon

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I believe ATT is the hold up! I have a blackberry 9900 (ATT), we have yet to get an official update. Watch how quick the I phone updates roll out! Perhaps apple is paying ATT to stall any updates in order to push iphones. :(, I am seriously considering installing one of those leaked roms.

Reactions: bhushanarodgers
May 24, 2012
Visit site

Honestly when ics comes out I won't be upgrading to it. Atleast not now any way. I actually consider us lucky. most everyone who has upgraded wish they could go back to ginger Bread. That is how buggy Ics is on the note right now. Battery life is supposedly horrible on Ics for the note. Go read all the complaining on Android forums.I feel bad for them lol.there is no way I'm upgrading to ics until those issues get fixed. People say they're note is like barely usable now because the battery life is so bad.

Last edited:

iPhone4Rocks!

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Honestly when ics comes out I won't be upgrading to it. Atleast not now any way. I actually consider us lucky. most everyone who has upgraded wish they could go back to ginger Bread. That is how buggy Ics is on the note right now. Battery life is supposedly horrible on Ics for the note. Go read all the complaining on Android forums.I feel bad for them lol.there is no way I'm upgrading to ics until those issues get fixed. People say they're note is like barely usable now because the battery life is so bad.
what the hell, I'm on an ICS rom and its extremely stable. :confused:

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

Rumor has it that a Gnote 2 is on its way WITH "ICS" however why do this when the flagship is only 6 moths old?

bentheslayer

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm on a official UK ROM and I haven't experienced any problems at all - it's smooth, stable and my battery life has actually improved. Also the S Pen is much more responsive.

May 24, 2012
Visit site

I'm on a official UK ROM and I haven't experienced any problems at all - it's smooth, stable and my battery life has actually improved. Also the S Pen is much more responsive.

your in the minority then. check out http://androidforums.com . amost everyone there is trying to figure out how to revert back to gingerbread.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site

I flashed an ics Rom and have no single regret as its way more advanced than Gingerbread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site

Still running the UCLD3 leak rom, works great.
Though i would like to have the official one.

ATT needs to hurry the hell up.

Raidersfan71

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Just flash the " ONLY 1 ROM " it is the best rom out that I have used.. so fast and everything works... also has everything from the upcoming Galaxy S 3 ... so try it out.. Im Loving this ice cream sandwhich goodness :)

NoNoiPhone4me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Just flash the " ONLY 1 ROM " it is the best rom out that I have used.. so fast and everything works... also has everything from the upcoming Galaxy S 3 ... so try it out.. Im Loving this ice cream sandwhich goodness :)

Dumb question but where can I download "ONLY 1 ROM"?