ICS Update

Patpprice

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I just turned on my Kies for the first time. Connected to desktop fine. Didn't see an "update" option. Just saw the stuff on my phone. Where is the ICS updatebfound?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Did the update. So far have not really seen anything that new. Status bar changed. Will have to redo my different screens to get them back to what I had.

May be a little faster.

Mike231

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone, who received the ICS update, noticed that on the home and other screens of the phone at the top there now is the following" Weather Information from AccuWeather.com? I have not been able to delete this or the app. I prefer not to root for now.

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm glad I wasn't too dead set on ICS. Cuase Kies won't work for me. Everytime I try to update my device it keeps saying that I need to update Kies first. So I try and update and it runs through the complete update, but then says I still need to update Kies. May have to try another computer tomorrow.

dadymon

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm glad I wasn't too dead set on ICS. Cuase Kies won't work for me. Everytime I try to update my device it keeps saying that I need to update Kies first. So I try and update and it runs through the complete update, but then says I still need to update Kies. May have to try another computer tomorrow.

I have the same issue! Not sure what to do! HELP!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
This is what gives customer support a bad name.

Visitor: Hi there
Visitor: I"m having trouble with my AT&T Galaxy Note and Kies.
Margaret: I apologize for inconvenience, I will be happy to help.
Margaret: I understand that you are unable to update firmware of the phone. Is that correct?
Visitor: Sort of
Visitor: Kies is in an update loop. It states a new version is need to upgrade the phone. It downloads, installs, then when started again states the update is needed.
Margaret: Thank you for the information.
Margaret: Have you installed latest Kies software on the PC?

jeeves744

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Updated last night and have been very happy with it. My phone is a lot faster and smoother. I like being able to put apps into folders, so you can have more on the screen and keep it organized. I also like some of the new stuff in the settings also.

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site

Talking with Tech support guy Alan,(Great guy) is seams there's an issue with Vista Service pack 2 and Kies. They have set it up the super brains to figure it out. Windows 7 seams to be fine.

So there's that. And the wait for ICS goes on.

tgcid00

May 18, 2011
Visit site
got my update yesterday my note is running smooth but i hate the new keyboard. Chrome runs really nice though. S note is nice. so far so good FPSE app runs better. battery life seems to be slightly better but my phone battery feels warm.Also this seems to fix the black crush problem at least its less noticable

Last edited:

SD_HVAN

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Updated yesterday. So far so good. Everything is way smoother but I think battery life on mine is a bit worse. Hopefully it'll get better. HATE that the brightness notification slider was taken away with the ICS update.:'(

aalexzander

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Got the update for my AT&T Note. Love it. Lag is gone. Menus, setting and things under the surface of TouchWiz are much better. The email app is a million times better. Glad to get on ICS finally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463