Does The ICS Update Bring New Radios ?

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

Just got my G-Note 7/6.. Got it Rooted & Romed 7/7.. ( OnlyOne ICS Rom ) now here I get a message to update to the "Official" ICS 4.0.4 Rom !

My question is, does anyone know what exactly comes in this update.. 5.0 Touchwiz? Improved Radios? It seems that most are saying their units are running smoother.. But I am trying to decide if its worth me getting the Official Update or just sticking with my Custom Rom.. Any help pointing out what's new in the official ICS update would be of help. Thanks !

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
No it is not the same TouchWiz that is on the SGIII. Yes the Radios are different but improved is a matter of perspective. I had no issue with the default radio and it was actually faster than anything in any custom ROM that I tried. My 4G speeds on the stock radio was 10X that of any ROM Radio. But yes there is a new radio in there. It is radio LF6 now.

Yes the device is running smoother. But no one can answer if it is worth it for you to get the OTA or stay with the custom ROM you have installed. We are not you and cant tell you what kind of experience you will have.

The major difference, it is made for the phone. It is not something that is hacked up and thrown together. It is no buggy or missing any features. All apps work and the SNote, SMemo and other apps are functioning.

Best bet, try it out for a day or 2. If you like it you win, if not all it takes is a simple flash to the ROM of your choice.

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Might as well add that one of the new "Premium" features that is present on the Note with Stock ICS is the new pop up Video Player. A floating window that will be present even over home screens when you watch a video. Smart Stay is not present in the Note ICS as of yet. But knowing some of the Devs over on XDA, they will get it ported at some point.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary