Kies update not sticking

Gavazzier

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I ama noob to the forum and have only have had my galaxy note since February. I have been trying for the past 2 days to update the firmware to ics through kies, however i keep gettin prompted upon launching kies to upgrade to the newest version of kies. After several attempts to download the update as well as completely deleting kies from my pc and re-downlaoding from the samsung website itself, im still not able to upgrade to the newest version of kies! has anyone else been having this updarte looping problem and are there any tips you can give me to possibly help fix the problem?

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If you are not using Vista SP2. If you have Windows Vista SP1 you will be fine. If not then you will have to suck it up and wait till it goes OTA as Kies is buggy with Vista and that is a known bug by Samsung who has to release an update for your guys.

Reactions: Gavazzier

mdjeeper

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
same problem with my system 64-bit win vista with sp2 :( been at it for four days, tried it on a 32-bit vista system as well, still no luck

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Talking with Tech support guy Alan,(Great guy) is seams there's an issue with Vista Service pack 2 and Kies. They have set it up the super brains to figure it out. Windows 7 seams to be fine.

So there's that. And the wait for ICS goes on.

Samsung is aware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol