ICS upgrade

laollis

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Is everyone experiencing some sort of problems with the upgrade? ie., photos, sounds, slow, etc
I think it really wasn't ready, but, they pushed it cuz of Jelly Bean. Just sayin'

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If there is one thing AT&T does well, it's take forever with updates. If they think it is ready then it is. That said, no issues here. I just rooted. Also I did a factory reset and cleared delvik cache before updating.

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My notifications sound like crap now. I have done a hard reset and I have done a clean install. Still sounds like crap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Not to burst your bubble, mmohn, but sound is something that is completely personalized. So while you say they sound like crap, they could be perfectly fine for someone else using your device. So that really isnt something I would put on ICS as your the first person I have heard complain about sound issues on ICS between here and XDA. That is a lot of people who got the update and only 1 to complain that the sound sucks. Does that sound like an ICS issue or something that is device specific?

I havent had any issues with my device. Installed several custom ROMS and was able to get stock ICS on it with ease. From there I have tried the TouchWiz, Apex, Nova and ADW Launcher. Nova seems to be the best for me. I like TouchWiz, just dont like the apps they have on the dock.

Reactions: tluv004

almarsh78

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any problems at all with the new ICS upgrade. I see no lag whatsoever and everything is running great. I did not root before upgrading went from stock GB to ICS.

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Not to burst your bubble, mmohn, but sound is something that is completely personalized. So while you say they sound like crap, they could be perfectly fine for someone else using your device. So that really isnt something I would put on ICS as your the first person I have heard complain about sound issues on ICS between here and XDA. That is a lot of people who got the update and only 1 to complain that the sound sucks. Does that sound like an ICS issue or something that is device specific?

I havent had any issues with my device. Installed several custom ROMS and was able to get stock ICS on it with ease. From there I have tried the TouchWiz, Apex, Nova and ADW Launcher. Nova seems to be the best for me. I like TouchWiz, just dont like the apps they have on the dock.

They worked fine before ICS. They are just the stock att notification sounds. So, I'm pretty sure it was ICS, because in the few hours it took to upgrade I didn't impale the speaker with anything to make it sound that way.

PurpleGuitar

May 18, 2010
Visit site
ICS runs great on my Note. It's much smoother and snappier. And it addressed all the annoyances I had before the update (wierd rendering on Netflix, Amazon market, etc.). No complaints.

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
They worked fine before ICS. They are just the stock att notification sounds. So, I'm pretty sure it was ICS, because in the few hours it took to upgrade I didn't impale the speaker with anything to make it sound that way.

That doesnt mean that the speaker was not damaged or going down before ICS was installed. Maybe ICS jsut made it more known to you that there was a problem with the speaker.

Again your the only person out of all the people on Android Central and XDA that complain of junk notification sounds. All of which are all talking about ICS. So yet again it is stated, sound is a very personal thing. So what you may think is junk maybe fine to someone else.

Try re-flashing ICS or doing a stock restore. Even listen to someone else's Note. Cause there is no other reports other than yours about stock sounds being bad. So either everyone is deaf and cant hear it or there could possible be something wrong with your device. Out of the thousands that have gone thru the update which seems more likely? That the thousands are wrong and your right or that your device is malfunctioning in some way?

chonghak

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
It's been a week, since I upgraded. It was great at day 1; everything is faster, all apps work great. I noticed a copule of things, though, after a week. Never been rooted.

1. battery seems running out quicker. Typical (heavy) usage pattern would last 8 hours before low battery warning. Now, maybe shortened by an hour or so. My wife also feels that she's experiencing the similar shortened battery life, given that we're not doing anything different than before the upgrade.

2. My Note lost 5GHz wifi connectivity. I used to connect just fine before the upgrade. Now, I can see all the 5GHz wifi signals, but the phone just will not even attempt to connect. Just says "saved, secured with xxx". No activity such as "connecting..." or anything. My wife's Note is working fine connecting to 5GHz. I upgraded both phones at the same time.

3. I feel that I've experienced more crashes. Maybe 4~5 random crashes over the week period. Even the phone app crashed once. Power cycle fixes things.

Any suggestion from the experts? Would I be able to re-apply the same update with Kies tool?

Edit: I ended up getting a replacement phone due to the 5GHz wifi issue. New phone works ok with 5GHz wifi.

Last edited:

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Can't get the update to download on the current version of kies. The furthest I can get is 17%.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

tmotytn

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I had no trouble updating--took about 45 minutes to download Kies and install the new firmware, but ICS totally jacked my GPS--

I live in Dallas, but my map showed me to be somewhere in Kentucky...dealbreaker for me, so I went in to an ATT store an picked up the GS III...

My Note is currently on craigslist...

rich250

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
My phone was all screwed up after the update
Android central app kept rebooting my phone, major camera lag, navigation voice would sometimes talk real slow,Craigslist app scrolling would lock up my phone, and other issues ,did a reset and that fixed some of the issues but ended up doing another reset and reflashing ICS now everything is fine.

Moonbase0ne

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Can't get the update to download on the current version of kies. The furthest I can get is 17%.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I havent been able to update yet. Been trying since Wednesday. Samsung says it's a server issue. I will try again probably Thursday or so while talking with tech support. They said next will be to reset my phone. So, I wil try that with them.

Also, I updated the latest ver. of Kies, and trying to backup my phone, it hangs, so I can't back it up fully. This is my first time using Kies. So far, I don't like it. Tried it on two PC's and had nothing but issues with it.

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
anybody know why the note know after the ics update. Does a notification sound when bluetooth is turned on? Before i updated it, it never did that and know it does. Anyway to get it to turn off?

tgcid00

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have had no problems in fact my note is working better IMO. The only thing I have noticed is that my note's black crush problem got a little less noticeable but it is still there :( I was hoping this update would address the issue guess not.

Alienjazz

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I updated to ics on my galaxy note and it sucked. Battery life you could watch desintigrate, low notification sounds, UI lag, missing features, forever boot time, decreased or up and down random signal changes. Really??? Tasty ics upgrade like all the reviews talked about???.....FAIL. Was so happy phone was going back the next day to best buy under my insurance. Bought new note. Keepin gingerbread which works amazing compared to that horror. When note 2 comes out, lookin foward to jellybean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech