Screen Capture (Screenshot) Not Working

MachelleB

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Since upgrading to ICS, the screen capture is simply not working on my Samsung Galaxy Note A717. I know the button combination changed from home + power to volume down + power, but the 50+ times I've tried with volume down + power, I either turn my volume down or get the silent, power off, reboot menu. Any ideas for getting this working? I can still screen capture by swiping my hand across the screen, so it's working just not using the button combination method.

MachelleB

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that a person is supposed to be able to take a screen capture by pressing the volume down and power button simultaneously. I can't as I am supposed to be able to. I was hoping others would have suggestions for fixing the problem.

Pressing and holding the home button in ICS brings up the recents. That's one of the new features of the ICS OS.

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that a person is supposed to be able to take a screen capture by pressing the volume down and power button simultaneously. I can't as I am supposed to be able to. I was hoping others would have suggestions for fixing the problem.

Pressing and holding the home button in ICS brings up the recents. That's one of the new features of the ICS OS.

You have to press them simultaneously. Otherwise it opens task manager.

MachelleB

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
S pen method works too. How bizarre that the button method doesn't. I do have these alteenative methods at least. I guess I'm hung up on the puzzling fact that it doesn't work but is supposed to. Being a recent iPhone convert, I am accustomed to a two button capture method as well.
What about pressing the button of your S-Pen + holding it down on the screen?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I understand. Pushing them in perfect unison, I get the shutdown menu and volume bar but no screen capture. :(

After reading your post I noticed screen capture using the power and volume button is not working on mine either. It's not that big a deal for me since I can use swipe (which I can't stand) or the s-pen method.

However, I can understand why it might be frustrating for some since it is suppose to work, and especially if you're used to using the feature in this manner.

Btw, I learned something today; I didn't know that screen capture was available on the iPhone?

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
As stated by btswein in the 2nd post. It is still Home + Power that must be pushed in unison. I can confirm this as I just did it on my phone and it worked.

It is not the Volume + Power button.

Reactions: DAS

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
As stated by btswein in the 2nd post. It is still Home + Power that must be pushed in unison. I can confirm this as I just did it on my phone and it worked.

It is not the Volume + Power button.

It worked for me that time :D

Thanks! The correct method is in fact Home + Power at the same time. Works like a charm.

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Home + power won't work for me anymore. It just brings up the multitasking manager. :(

Then you are hitting the Home button just a split second before you hit the power button. Every time I have tried it has worked. I am on stock ICS with root access. Putting the Super User app on there would not cause mine to work and yours not to.

n-strike

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Then you are hitting the Home button just a split second before you hit the power button. Every time I have tried it has worked. I am on stock ICS with root access. Putting the Super User app on there would not cause mine to work and yours not to.
You're talking about the international version, correct?

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I, too, had trouble doing a screen capture since the update. (ATT Note) The only thing that worked was holding the button down on the S pen and touching the screen. Neither the hand swipe or the two button squeeze worked, and they USED to, pre-update. As much as I love some of the new things, I wish they had documented the changes so we'd have a clue on how to work things before we're in a crunch to quickly get something done and end up fumbling around with trial and error.

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I, too, had trouble doing a screen capture since the update. (ATT Note) The only thing that worked was holding the button down on the S pen and touching the screen. Neither the hand swipe or the two button squeeze worked, and they USED to, pre-update. As much as I love some of the new things, I wish they had documented the changes so we'd have a clue on how to work things before we're in a crunch to quickly get something done and end up fumbling around with trial and error.

I know it works post update, cause that is the only time I have used the Home + Power button method together. Was after I updated it to ICS.

So I don't know how documenting changes would help in this case if it was the same button combination before as it is now. Cause I know it works now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz