Simply The Best of the Best..

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello People,

If you want to try IMHO the Fastest SGH-I717 ICS ROM out there, You need to checkout FlappJaxx Build #3 Stock & Rooted ROM....

I have run the "OnlyOne" & "ICS Objection" ROM's and they are great..

But this is the best of the best....

Adjust your Transistion / Window Speeds 0.5 and watch this puppy move like Silky Butter... :)

Oh,

And it Overclocks too :) as you can see, I OC on the *Conservative* side.... :D

TWO.png

Last edited:

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm...

Guess no one has the skill level to to install it.... Oh well.. better you stick with stock via kies anyway from what I am reading here..:)

iPhone4Rocks!

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
haha yeah not that many people are keen to the idea of rooting. right now I'm on appdroid's UCLF5 rom, been stable as hell so I've stuck with it. Was wondering before I try this rom out, do I flash the rom zip and the new kernal at the same time?

zerokoo0l

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I installed it over flappjaxx b2. but if you are currently running a different rom then you need to wipe restore and install. Flappjaxx is awesome I agree with op

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: iPhone4Rocks!

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
haha yeah not that many people are keen to the idea of rooting. right now I'm on appdroid's UCLF5 rom, been stable as hell so I've stuck with it. Was wondering before I try this rom out, do I flash the rom zip and the new kernal at the same time?

Hey LaLaLa..
Hey Zero..

LaLa Zero is correct.. You want to wipe 1st.. Myself, I wipe/reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, AND wipe batt stats THREE TIMES EACH...

I know Appdroid recommends doing a DataWipe/Reset 3 times with his roms.. I've been doing that plus the the other 3 since my Droid Charge days..

Some say its silly and a waste of time.. But you know what? I NEVER have isssues with any Rom/Kernel I install doing this method.. I NEVER re-install apps using Titianium... I always re-download all my apps fresh.. And everything runs perfectly everytime..

Zero I read a lot of people like Appdroid's UCLF5 for it's batterylife over his latest UCLF6 Objection Rom is that the case for you as well?

Just curious is all.. after running the "OnlyOne" and Appdroid's Objection Roms I have to say guys that this FlappJaxx's Build # 3 beats them both in smoothness and shear speed..

Batterylife ain't too bad either..

OUTSTANDING.png

Last edited:

rahsaanabdul

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. I too have flashed different ROMs but always wound up going back to one of the Objection builds because it just seemed more smooth and complete. I will surely give it a try and...for anyone who doesnt root you're missing out on something special!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

iPhone4Rocks!

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey LaLaLa..
Hey Zero..

LaLa Zero is correct.. You want to wipe 1st.. Myself, I wipe/reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, AND wipe batt stats THREE TIMES EACH...

I know Appdroid recommends doing a DataWipe/Reset 3 times with his roms.. I've been doing that plus the the other 3 since my Droid Charge days..

Some say its silly and a waste of time.. But you know what? I NEVER have isssues with any Rom/Kernel I install doing this method.. I NEVER re-install apps using Titianium... I always re-download all my apps fresh.. And everything runs perfectly everytime..

Zero I read a lot of people like Appdroid's UCLF5 for it's batterylife over his latest UCLF6 Objection Rom is that the case for you as well?

Just curious is all.. after running the "OnlyOne" and Appdroid's Objection Roms I have to say guys that this FlappJaxx's Build # 3 beats them both in smoothness and shear speed..

Batterylife ain't too bad either..

Click to view quoted image
Yeah, I always wipe before I install a new rom, thats pretty mandatory. I was just wondering if I could have flashed the kernal on my current rom right now, I'm guessing not? And I actually never tried his UCLF6 rom because I heard it wasn't stable and he wasn't going to update the rom until hes done with his college finals haha. I used to rock pure ICS on my previous phone, the HTC Inspire 4G and I wanted to wait for Jellybean to be ported to the Note but I don't think I can wait anymore. :p I'll be trying it out soon. Got a quick question, how fast is AOSP compared to the stock ICS roms, is it a big difference? And how fast is the phone if you overclock it for a faster experience? Thanks.

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have tried this as well as the CM9 builds from the Cyanogen Mod team. They are all decent. I have yet to find anything wrong with any of the ROMS now that source is available. I am just waiting for CM10 builds to start or a port of JB. With ICS officially being here no reason to flash an ICS ROM when JB is right around the corner.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering if I could have flashed the kernal on my current rom right now, I'm guessing not? Got a quick question, how fast is AOSP compared to the stock ICS roms, is it a big difference? And how fast is the phone if you overclock it for a faster experience? Thanks.

Hey LaLaLa... I know Flappjaxx has a Kernel that he is working on that is in Beta Stage that is Overclockable but I am not sure if the kernel included in the Build #3 ROM can be downloaded seperately or not.. You should just do a backup in CWM and try FlappJaxx's Build #3 ROM.. it's just as peppy as Appdroid's UCLF5 ( I think it faster..) and doing my 3 wipes of the Data/Dalvik/ Cache/ Batt Stats it's 110% stable for me.. But if you like, give his personal kernel a shot and I am sure there are some more on XDA..

Here is a shot of my puppy cruising at 1,720 mhz... :) and yes LaLaLa.. it's faster at 1,720 mhz no doubt about it. I can't comment on AOSP's not my thing..

TWO.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy