How can I Tether?

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm from the iPhone world and I recently purchased a Note.
So far it's been great but one thing I can't do is tether my phone to my computer.
Is there a way to do it without rooting?

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Foxfi. If it's not in the store, Google it. At&t might of had it banned from the play store for their devices

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Foxfi. If it's not in the store, Google it. At&t might of had it banned from the play store for their devices

I can't install it cause it sez AT&T banned it.
Is there any way to install it ? I guess Rooting?

wildmangk

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Foxfi works man. I just installed it last night and it works seemlessly on my Note. Dont go to the market to get it, download it from the link they provided u previously. Make sure that on your settings youve enabled the ability to download non-market apps. ;)

Reactions: LordValek

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Foxfi works man. I just installed it last night and it works seemlessly on my Note. Dont go to the market to get it, download it from the link they provided u previously. Make sure that on your settings youve enabled the ability to download non-market apps. ;)

OMG! That worked!
Thanks a lot!

So what is the best way to hide tethering?
I've used PDA net on my iPhone in the past with no issues but not sure if there is a better alternative for Android on AT&T.

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
When you activate the wifi hot spot, press the menu button and select "enable proxy". AFTER you enable hot spot

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Actually, not 100% on this but i think you might have to download the Foxfi add on. It can be found by, Google foxfi add on and downloading from probably the same website as before. Still need to enable proxy

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
:eek:
Actually, not 100% on this but i think you might have to download the Foxfi add on. It can be found by, Google foxfi add on and downloading from probably the same website as before. Still need to enable proxy

OK, I installed the add on as well.
I do have the Enable Proxy option in the FoxFi app.
Seems to work so far so I'm good.

Glitch01

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Got hit with At&t message stating cease tethering, or they will charge me using Fox fi. I did not see a proxy setting on Fox fi, and that may have been my down fall. Will have to let me know if you guys get hit with tethering warning using proxy.

Thx

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Got hit with At&t message stating cease tethering, or they will charge me using Fox fi. I did not see a proxy setting on Fox fi, and that may have been my down fall. Will have to let me know if you guys get hit with tethering warning using proxy.

Thx

You have to install the fox fi add on in the google play store.
Once installed foxfi has an option in the menu section to enable proxy.
Try that and see if you get any more messages from AT&T.
Good luck

Also, about how much data did you use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro