Foxfi on ATT, have you gotten caught?

wildmangk

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone here had any troubles with ATT for using Foxfi? Has using the proxy setting in Foxfi really masked the tethering to ATT?

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not even willing to risk it to be honest. If they don't catch you today, they will tomorrow. I don't need to give them another reason to nullify my contract.

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have used it though very infrequently with no trouble. Once the data buckets start it will be easier I think - the new pricing includes tethering.

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
att has new shared data plans. Following the steps of verizon. And those plans would be data that is shared for your devices on att. Example you get 6gb to share among all your devices on att as oppose to before where each device would use its own data plan.

wildmangk

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
att has new shared data plans. Following the steps of verizon. And those plans would be data that is shared for your devices on att. Example you get 6gb to share among all your devices on att as oppose to before where each device would use its own data plan.

Yea youre right, I remember reading about it...

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a Skyrocket and haven't had an issue, but I only use it to browse sites on my Nexus 7, nothing major like streaming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

wildmangk

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Ive been using mine with my ipad2 for 3 days now and I enabled the proxy server setting...until now nothing from ATT. Im one of the lucky ones that got grandfathered in with the unlimited data

SW0RDMAN

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Just curious as I am new to this idea of paying for tethering; well not entirely but in part. Is it really that serious of an issue to the service provider though like you pay the huge cost for their plans and you paid for your phone so what the problem? Up here most providers charge for that but I never knew it was such a serious thing especially considering you are using data you are paying for not stealing it from their network.

Galaxy Note I717 on Mobilicity

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Just curious as I am new to this idea of paying for tethering; well not entirely but in part. Is it really that serious of an issue to the service provider though like you pay the huge cost for their plans and you paid for your phone so what the problem? Up here most providers charge for that but I never knew it was such a serious thing especially considering you are using data you are paying for not stealing it from their network.

Galaxy Note I717 on Mobilicity

I think that depends on a few things.
If your on an unlimited plan, you have the potential to loose it.
If your not on an unlimited plan, then all they can do is add the tether package which you then can removed.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance