Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chrome or stock browser

Hey guys and gals. Just wondering which browser was preferred.. The stock Web or Google Chrome. I'm sorta upset it doesn't have tabs at top on the Note. Chrome on my iphone has tabs why not on the Note.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Chrome or stock browser

Chrome has a numbered stack on the right side of the address bar. If you never opened a separate tab, you'll see a 1. If you tap that, your page will minimize and you'll see a + New Tab at the top left. Tap that and you'll get a new home page. If you have multiple tabs open, the tabs are staggered so you can pick the one you want to switch to. Learning how to do some of these things is like flailing around hoping something works. If you've figured out how to synchronize bookmarks from the phone to computer please let me know! I'm still trying to figure that out!

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

I like the chrome browser better. There are tabs. They're just not like the desktop tabs. You hit the tab box at the top of the browser window with the number of how many tabs you have open. Plus, chrome to phone frickin' rocks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

I prefer the Chrome browser to all the others I've tried. The tabs rock.

The only feature I miss is the data compression from Opera Mini.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums