update coming that will give our Notes some Note 2 features!

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if you've seen this article from Android Central writer, Alex Dobie. He evidently was the first one to write about an update to version XXLRQ that will give us some of the things that are going to be on the Note 2. He vaguely referred to other features so not all of them were listed. Of course, it's going out first overseas but it will get here eventually. I'm really hoping we get the one feature I've always wanted, an alarm if you start to carry the note away from the S pen! You might want to read his article at:
Software update brings S3 and Note 2 features to original Galaxy Note | Android Central

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I saw that. I have little to no confidence that AT&T will release this update especially if they're already working on JB.

Sent from my Galaxy Note.

ramnitb

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait for this update. My carrier is Rogers and I have very little faith that they will deliver the update anytime in the near future so I am really hoping that an i717 compatible rom gets released soon.

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
What do you man when you say you just flashed a JB rom and it works great?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

We mean just that. We downloaded a custom JB ROM and installed it on our phones. If you want to learn how to do this, take the time to read about it. No offense but if you dont know how to sideload an app, then flashing a custom ROM is not for you just yet.

I have Paranoid Android 2.53 running with JB 4.1.2 and the new Camera and Keyboard functional. Tis sweet!

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
We mean just that. We downloaded a custom JB ROM and installed it on our phones. If you want to learn how to do this, take the time to read about it. No offense but if you dont know how to sideload an app, then flashing a custom ROM is not for you just yet.

I have Paranoid Android 2.53 running with JB 4.1.2 and the new Camera and Keyboard functional. Tis sweet!

Thats me. Just not going to risk bricking my phone for new features when it works so great now. I sure appreacite your inputs

dparrothead1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thats me. Just not going to risk bricking my phone for new features when it works so great now. I sure appreacite your inputs

If you can follow instructions and take your time, it's almost impossible to brick your phone.

I am running AOKP on my GNote, my wife's Infuse and my Captivate that I use as a MP3 player and my Nexus 7. I am running CM10 on my old NookColor.

I will never run a stock phone again and deal with all the bloatware that's added by the carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy