Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Pandawg
  • 1 Post By amylyn1970
  • 1 Post By Pandawg
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default update coming that will give our Notes some Note 2 features!

I'm wondering if you've seen this article from Android Central writer, Alex Dobie. He evidently was the first one to write about an update to version XXLRQ that will give us some of the things that are going to be on the Note 2. He vaguely referred to other features so not all of them were listed. Of course, it's going out first overseas but it will get here eventually. I'm really hoping we get the one feature I've always wanted, an alarm if you start to carry the note away from the S pen! You might want to read his article at:
    Software update brings S3 and Note 2 features to original Galaxy Note | Android Central

Yeah, I saw that. I have little to no confidence that AT&T will release this update especially if they're already working on JB.

Sent from my Galaxy Note.

Default Re: update coming that will give our Notes some Note 2 features!

I've given up on AT&T, and just flashed a JB rom on my phone. Works great
    mordak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandawg View Post
    I've given up on AT&T, and just flashed a JB rom on my phone. Works great
    Me too! Custom ROMs are much better anyway. No bloatware that you don't need & they are faster & have more you can tweak.
    mordak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by amylyn1970 View Post
    Me too! Custom ROMs are much better anyway. No bloatware that you don't need & they are faster & have more you can tweak.
    Exactly
    mordak likes this.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock rom now

I can't wait for this update. My carrier is Rogers and I have very little faith that they will deliver the update anytime in the near future so I am really hoping that an i717 compatible rom gets released soon.

What do you man when you say you just flashed a JB rom and it works great?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock LF6

Quote Originally Posted by montgomeryan View Post
    What do you man when you say you just flashed a JB rom and it works great?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    We mean just that. We downloaded a custom JB ROM and installed it on our phones. If you want to learn how to do this, take the time to read about it. No offense but if you dont know how to sideload an app, then flashing a custom ROM is not for you just yet.

I have Paranoid Android 2.53 running with JB 4.1.2 and the new Camera and Keyboard functional. Tis sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by KSoD View Post
    We mean just that. We downloaded a custom JB ROM and installed it on our phones. If you want to learn how to do this, take the time to read about it. No offense but if you dont know how to sideload an app, then flashing a custom ROM is not for you just yet.

I have Paranoid Android 2.53 running with JB 4.1.2 and the new Camera and Keyboard functional. Tis sweet!
    Thats me. Just not going to risk bricking my phone for new features when it works so great now. I sure appreacite your inputs

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
    Thats me. Just not going to risk bricking my phone for new features when it works so great now. I sure appreacite your inputs
    If you can follow instructions and take your time, it's almost impossible to brick your phone.

I am running AOKP on my GNote, my wife's Infuse and my Captivate that I use as a MP3 player and my Nexus 7. I am running CM10 on my old NookColor.

I will never run a stock phone again and deal with all the bloatware that's added by the carrier.
    NookColor running CM10.1
    Galaxy Note running RootBox
    Nexus 7 Running JellyBam v7