1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

Default Thinking about doing Cyanogen 10

Slightly annoyed at the JB announcement but not even seeing hints that it is in or near completing carrier testing.

Anyone using CM10 on this Note? How do you like it? Thinking about doing it but this is my main phone so worried about reliability.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock rom now

Default Re: Thinking about doing Cyanogen 10

The downsides are that you will lose the S pen functions and also the screen rotation doesn't seem to be working yet. I use the S pen quite heavily so I ended up reverting back to the stock rom.

However, compared to ICS, this rom is definitely faster. If you are not a heavy S pen user like me then give it a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by ramnitb View Post
    The downsides are that you will lose the S pen functions and also the screen rotation doesn't seem to be working yet. I use the S pen quite heavily so I ended up reverting back to the stock rom.

However, compared to ICS, this rom is definitely faster. If you are not a heavy S pen user like me then give it a shot!
    Screen rotation works fine. S pen works, but there's no Samsung S Pen apps. I'm using a JB ROM,and it's working great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    Teams: Brooklyn Nets || NY Giants || SFO Giants || FC Barcelona ||Manchester United
    Devices: ASUS Transformer Prime || AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note || 13" MacBook Pro
    Long as your mama love you, donít ever love a woman - Wale

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock rom now

haha it's good to know that the developers have fixed those issues now. Mind you, I had initially downloaded the rom when it was first released so quite some time has passed since then.

Please disregard my previous post .

Forgot to mention that Play Music doesn't work half the time. You have to use another all to play music.

Teams: Brooklyn Nets || NY Giants || SFO Giants || FC Barcelona ||Manchester United

I tried the CM10 nightly last weekend and went back to stock/rooted. There is a screen flicker issue that's run through the recent nightlies, and troubles with volumes on media and notifications. Also you lose the Samsung camera ability for the stock JB.

I will try it again once they get a stable release, but I don't think they are close yet
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

I'm not encouraged but I guess that answers my question.

It works great for me, although I've lost the ability to attach via USB and copy files to the device. Probably a setting that I haven't found as of yet, other than that works flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by mike.strock View Post
    It works great for me, although I've lost the ability to attach via USB and copy files to the device. Probably a setting that I haven't found as of yet, other than that works flawlessly.
    I've lost that too. Just wondering. Do you have a Mac?

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

That's a thought, that never worked on my mac with this phone. Not even with the android file transfer app.

That and about a million other things are why I keep bootcamp around.

Pandawg - No, I'm Windows 7 PC guy. No Mac.

Which nitely are you guys using who are having some success with it? I have nothing to do this weekend and might want to play with CM10 again since you guys have good things to say about it?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    That's a thought, that never worked on my mac with this phone. Not even with the android file transfer app.

That and about a million other things are why I keep bootcamp around.
    Same with me, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by randall2580 View Post
    Which nitely are you guys using who are having some success with it? I have nothing to do this weekend and might want to play with CM10 again since you guys have good things to say about it?
    I'm using one, and it works fine.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth

best rom and i have tried em all so far is liquid smooth 9/11

I downloaded the 9/23 nightly and am impressed with the progress. The audio problems are fixed. There is still some screen flicker, most notable on the notification screen and text, but otherwise the ROM is smooth and I think I am going with it as my daily driver for a while. Because it's JB based I had to sideload Flash but that was easy having done it already on the N7. They fix the flicker and this will be perfect, absolutely amazing what the devs at CM can do.

Is there any way with this ROM to connect to my Windows 7 PC and copy files across to the device? I can't seem to make it work or recognized on my machine, either under Windows 7 or XP ?

Mike - I had no trouble with the computer seeing the phone as a connected device and copying files across. I have a Win7 64bit computer at home and had no trouble. An XP 32 bit here at work same comment.

Newest nightly, 9/27, is pretty nice. I've been trying them all and reverted back to 9/19 a couple times. Seems lately they have really amped up their efforts and everything is running nicely. Easiest way to fix the Play Music issue is to back out, open recent apps, swipe away Play Music, then open it up again. Works flawlessly from then on, until you have to reboot for something.

I had gone back to my ICS back up because the little problems I noted earlier annoyed me. However last night I tried the 10/14 nightly and I am really impressed now. I have been running for about 20 hours now and have no complaints at all. My guess is they are very close to declaring this a stable build soon. To be continued...

I have been running AOKP for 2 weeks. Aside from the s pen doing a screen capture, everything works. So much smoother and faster than stock ICS.

And I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on an update.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thinking about doing Cyanogen 10-screenshot_2012-10-17-07-36-24.png  
    NookColor running CM10.1
    Galaxy Note running RootBox
    Nexus 7 Running JellyBam v7
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by leo5111 View Post
    best rom and i have tried em all so far is liquid smooth 9/11
    I switched to this ROM and have had no problems with it. It's also very smooth and fast

I had gone back to my ICS back up because the little problems I noted earlier annoyed me. However last night I tried the 10/14 nightly and I am really impressed now. I have been running for about 20 hours now and have no complaints at all. My guess is they are very close to declaring this a stable build soon. To be continued...
    Have they fixed the screen flicker issue? That really bothered me on earlier builds and I rolled back to my ICS backup. I will be moving back to CM10 once that issue is resolved since everything else seemed to work really well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 0x04A View Post
    Have they fixed the screen flicker issue? That really bothered me on earlier builds and I rolled back to my ICS backup. I will be moving back to CM10 once that issue is resolved since everything else seemed to work really well for me.
    Yeah. I ran the CM10 Monthly. Screen flicker was gone. It was very stable and fast as hell. Loved the stock email client and notification schemes. I hate, hate, hate the keyboard it comes with...really got used to having the number keys on the home keyboard without having to alt to another screen for them. That and it lacks s pen input on the keyboard. I use the pen like crazy for emails and texts, so after a couple of weeks with it, I flashed back to BlackStar VII, (now VIII) ICS. It's definitely slower than the CM10, but I got all my s pen functionality back.

Quote Originally Posted by 0x04A View Post
    The most recent nightlies have eliminated the flicker issues - much much better. Only problem I have noted so far is when I tried to use foxfi or native hotspot with my N7. Could not get it to work, this has potential to be a prod back to ICS if I can't figure it out.