Need help with a Samsung Galaxy Note phone and call blocking at night

FORANE

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello all

So my dumb ass brother cannot seem to get it through his thick skull that I go to sleep earlier than he does. Despite repeated attempts to clearly tell him not to call, he continues to do so waking me at night and getting me generally like a bear disturbed from hibernation.

I have found plenty of apps out there which block all calls but certain whitelisted numbers. I have not found an app which allows for blocking certain numbers / contacts between certain hours. I cannot silence my phone as I take call and the number I get called from varies so I cannot reliably whitelist all the numbers I may be called from. I would rather not block his number entirely.

Anyone have any ideas as I type this approaching midnight?

ramnitb

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi Forane, you can put your phone on airplane mode at night or simply turn it off? However, If you're using your phone as an alarm clock then airplane mode is the way to go as you will not be able to receive any calls when this mode is turned on.

Unfortunately I do not think that any particular apps exist which will block certain numbers/contacts between certain hours, although this would be a useful feature to have.

FORANE

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi Forane, you can put your phone on airplane mode at night or simply turn it off? However, If you're using your phone as an alarm clock then airplane mode is the way to go as you will not be able to receive any calls when this mode is turned on.

Unfortunately I do not think that any particular apps exist which will block certain numbers/contacts between certain hours, although this would be a useful feature to have.
Hey ramnitb
Thanks for replying to my thread / question.

I work in a hospital and am on call from home after hours. I have to be able to be reached by numerous different numbers which I do not know always ahead of time. So that leaves out airplane or off modes. There are a few apps out there that turn off ringer for all except numbers you program ahead of time. That will not work as I don't know all the numbers I may receive a call from.

As a temporary solution I have downloaded a silent ringtone and just made it on 100% of the time for my brother. Really would prefer to be able to receive a call from him though during normal hours. Someone needs to make an app for this.

Pinmac

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
It might be worth taking a look at Tasker for this. It can do so much but I'm not sure if you can program if for a specific number.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
@FORANE - there is an app called "Locale" that you can schedule to turn off the ringer, or just vibrate, at a specific time, location etc every night. It's one of my 'must have' apps.

Markuzy

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Only thing I can think of and I personally use is root call blocker. Pity needs root though.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad