When is jelly bean said to be released?

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
You don't have to be a SMARTAZZ! :mad:

I've never owned a iPhone because I've always thought they were overpriced. So, no, I haven't had a chance to look on the back of one.
I do know the main office is in CA, so assumed it was made here. That is what is wrong with the USA now, they outsource everything to other countries.
No wonder our economy is bad now.

So out of curiousity, I googled:

iPhone Primary Contractors - a partial list
Software and designAppleUSA
Assembly Foxconn?, Quanta, UnknownTaiwan
TFT-LCD Screen Sanyo Epson, Sharp, TMDJapan
Video processor chipSamsungKorea
Touch screen overlayBaldaGermany
Bluetooth chip Cambridge Silicon RadioUK
Chip manufacture TSMC, UMCTaiwan
Baseband IC Infineon TechnologyGermany
WIFI Chip MarvellUSA
Touch screen control chipBroadcomUSA
CMOS chip MicronUSA
NOR Flash ICs Intel, SSTUSA
Display Driver chip NovatekUS, TW
Case, Mechanical partsCatcher, Foxconn TechTaiwan
Camera lens Largan PrecisionTaiwan
Camera module Altus-Tech, Primax, Lite OnTaiwan
Battery Charger Delta ElectronicsTaiwan
Timing CrystalTXCTaiwan
Passive componentsCyntecTaiwan
Connector and cablesCheng Uei, EnteryTaiwan

Lol exactly in the end its assembled in china. Imagine an all american phone, having every single part being made here in America. That would br great! The only downside is that there is no way it wouldnt cost 1500 unlocked. Thank our government! About to hit that debt ceiling of 17 trillion whoooo peee! Sorry im venting im just mad that so many americans complain about the way our economy is headed yet they put our Kenyan friend back in office.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to be a SMARTAZZ! :mad:

I've never owned a iPhone because I've always thought they were overpriced. So, no, I haven't had a chance to look on the back of one.
I do know the main office is in CA, so assumed it was made here. That is what is wrong with the USA now, they outsource everything to other countries.
No wonder our economy is bad now.

So out of curiousity, I googled:

iPhone Primary Contractors - a partial list
Software and design Apple USA
Assembly Foxconn?, Quanta, Unknown Taiwan
TFT-LCD Screen Sanyo Epson, Sharp, TMD Japan
Video processor chip Samsung Korea
Touch screen overlay Balda Germany
Bluetooth chip Cambridge Silicon Radio UK
Chip manufacture TSMC, UMC Taiwan
Baseband IC Infineon Technology Germany
WIFI Chip Marvell USA
Touch screen control chip Broadcom USA
CMOS chip Micron USA
NOR Flash ICs Intel, SST USA
Display Driver chip Novatek US, TW
Case, Mechanical parts Catcher, Foxconn Tech Taiwan
Camera lens Largan Precision Taiwan
Camera module Altus-Tech, Primax, Lite On Taiwan
Battery Charger Delta Electronics Taiwan
Timing Crystal TXC Taiwan
Passive components Cyntec Taiwan
Connector and cables Cheng Uei, Entery Taiwan

Not being smartazz, just being real. If you can't take it, don't dish out what you don't know. just sayin'

jut1001

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Update has been out for 4.1 on all carriers except Verizon for a while AT&T is by kies software only though. Not sure why it's not ota

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Stay on topic.

Kelly Kearns stop trolling and arguing with other members. Next time I see it you get a vacation.

Yes go after me and not the poster that made the racist remarks about Mexicans and blacks, which was sick and offensive. Didn't realize that Android Central was OK with racism. BTW, you should address me in a pm if you don't want this to be public.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes go after me and not the poster that made the racist remarks about Mexicans and blacks, which was sick and offensive. Didn't realize that Android Central was OK with racism. BTW, you should address me in a pm if you don't want this to be public.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

I like it public, as I hate to check PMs

The other poster was permanently banned for his remarks. You could be next.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The poster should have been, my issue is with you being so ugly to me about speaking up about it, plain and simple. I don't do the "threat" game nor do I sit by and act like something nasty like that didn't happen. As a minority that isn't black or Mexican, I find that behavior very offensive. I don't see calling it out and saying I have no problem reporting it as trolling.

Hope we understand each other now.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
The poster should have been, my issue is with you being so ugly to me about speaking up about it, plain and simple. I don't do the "threat" game nor do I sit by and act like something nasty like that didn't happen. As a minority that isn't black or Mexican, I find that behavior very offensive. I don't see calling it out and saying I have no problem reporting it as trolling.

Hope we understand each other now.

You have been involved in the last three arguments I have had to take time away from my day to moderate. If I see you involved in the next one, you get to leave too. Read the rules, follow the rules, and report posts that you have issue with instead of responding to them.

There is no understanding each other. I am only here because I have to babysit people who can't control themselves. Take that away, and I go away.

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything new concerning if the OG is going to get JB?

There is so much speculation flying around. Nobody has heard anything that holds water. I'm sure someone will post a vague link that doesn't pertain to the AT&T Note shortly though.

Last edited:

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I hear so many different reviews on when jelly bean is going to be released for AT&T or if it even will. Has anyone gotten any solid dates from any solid sources?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
February 2013.. you will start to see the updates in a few weeks.. You can always Root your device and run JB ROM's right now if you don't mind a hiccup or two.. I currently run Dag's Liquidsmooth RC7 ROM with his KKO.12 Kernel and it has been *Factory Stable* for me for the past several months.. I am not even sure I will update to the offiicial Samsung release when the OTA's start to drop in a few weeks.. That's how solid RC7 is for me.. :)

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
February 2013.. you will start to see the updates in a few weeks.. You can always Root your device and run JB ROMs right now if you don't mind a hiccup or two.. I currently run Dag's Liquidsmooth RC7 ROM with his KKO.12 Kernel and it has been *Factory Stable* for me for the past several months.. I am not even sure I will update to the offiicial Samsung release when the OTA's start to drop in a few weeks.. That's how solid RC7 is for me.. :)

I am happy with ICS. No rush to get JB and risk a bricked phone. I just don't want to do all the work and risk. As I have said I expect ATT to release JB around the world conference given past history.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I am happy with ICS. No rush to get JB and risk a bricked phone. I just don't want to do all the work and risk.
Rooting, Roming, and Overclocking is not for the weak at heart my friend I soft-bricked on more than one occasion.. but it FORCED ME to learn what Rooting was all about:) Now, I can't live without a Custom Rom, Teathering for my iPad, and Custom Themes on my Phone-:) Here is a shot of my screen running Tablet Mode Overclocked to 1,800 mhz of G-Note Speed & Sweetness.. :)

183.png

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae