Need some assistance unrooting

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So this is how I rooted: How to Root AT&T Galaxy Note SGH-i717! [ICS][Gingerbread][Easiest Method] | Root Galaxy Note

I need to unroot for a warranty claim. I followed this video to try and unroot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttlS9MlG30I I no longer am able to use Superuser app like I should, but when I boot into recovery, it's still the not-stock recovery. I need help please. I'm on AT&T STOCK ICS 4.0.4. Every guide I find to unrooting is coming from a aftermarket ROM, I'm stock but rooted.

Thanks in advanced.

-Brian

Markuzy

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't have your Note model, but I suggest that you head to the XDA forums under your model subforum if no one has replied yet.

Usually for the international note, flashing a stock Rom via Odin should do the trick. It may be something similar for you. I'll still recommend you to enquire further on XDA to ensure you don't end up bricking your device.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Markuzy. I un-rooted but do we actually have any confirmed cases of warranty being voided because of a flash counter being more than 0? I did not reset it prior to unrooting.

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It is possible that they could say that you voided your warranty cause you flashed. If I am not mistaken, that is why they implemented the measure was so that they knew that something was being done. At worst you could try the Flash Counter Reset that is available and see if that works for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12