- 1 Posts
How to use AT&T Note on wifi only without device management looking for updates
Sorry if this has been discussed before, I tried searching for this several ways. I want to use my Note on wifi only, like a tablet but it keeps looking for updates through device management. Anybody know how to disable this? Thanks for any help! N
- 01-04-2013, 09:47 PM #2
- 228 Posts
Re: How to use AT&T Note on wifi only without device management looking for updates
ATT puts it in the GNote as a system app so be careful trying to disable/remove it.
Best answer I know of would be to root the phone, get Titanium Backup and "freeze" the app "AT&T Software update V2_1205_3_1" that's the app you are having trouble with.
Remember "freeze" don't delete it - it will accomplish the same thing but won't screw up the OS.
- 01-15-2013, 07:34 AM #3
- 01-15-2013, 10:45 PM #4
- By ecsmatt in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 01-12-2012, 06:50 PM
- By 1414H77 in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 09-02-2010, 10:44 PM
- By know1 in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 8Last Post: 07-26-2010, 05:55 PM
- By tada1096 in forum Wallpapers, Ringtones, and ThemesReplies: 0Last Post: 06-18-2010, 05:53 PM
- By ap3604 in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 1Last Post: 04-11-2010, 10:22 AM