Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to use AT&T Note on wifi only without device management looking for updates

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I tried searching for this several ways. I want to use my Note on wifi only, like a tablet but it keeps looking for updates through device management. Anybody know how to disable this? Thanks for any help! N

Default Re: How to use AT&T Note on wifi only without device management looking for updates

ATT puts it in the GNote as a system app so be careful trying to disable/remove it.

Best answer I know of would be to root the phone, get Titanium Backup and "freeze" the app "AT&T Software update V2_1205_3_1" that's the app you are having trouble with.

Remember "freeze" don't delete it - it will accomplish the same thing but won't screw up the OS.

Default Re: How to use AT&T Note on wifi only without device management looking for updates

Mine is doing the same thing, HELP!!

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts

I guess I don't understand why this is a big deal? It's checking for updates in the background for a second on boot, what's the big deal?