JellyBean has Landed.

Joseph DeMartino

May 6, 2013
Visit site
"JellyBean has Landed"

With a dull thud, as it happens. Two of the most-touted features of JB - Multi-View (Multi-Window) and Google Now appear to be MIA. Samsung has confirmed no Multi-view for the AT&T OG Note. So we all waited nearly 6 months through repeated delays and finally got a version without the features users desired most. THANKS AT&T, you've done your usual wonderful job when it comes to orders and upgrades. (My personal theory is that if you want AT&T to get an order right, you have to give it to them wrong. :). I'm always happy with my AT&T products and services AFTER the initial "we completely screwed everything up" period, but that sure can be a drag.

jcprunty

May 5, 2010
Visit site
It has google now just hit the search key and it should come up...either that or long press the same key you would use to get to settings...im using it and im on stock JB

geebee1932

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I have Google Now working on my note. Just uninstall and then reinstall the Google widget. I have noticed quite a bit of lag after the update even after a complete wipe.

gonzo0203

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded my wife's phone (i717) Friday night, and so far she is happy with it. Google Now is there, just hit the Google search like previous poster said. I don't notice the lag, much improved over the stock ICS build. I'm waiting for her to finally let me root it, and let me freeze the bloatware. I disabled all I could in the application manager. On a different note, I'll take it is better to freeze or remove the bloatware using TB rather just disabling it in the app manager?

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Google Now is present. I dont know why some people think it isnt. But it is there, just look at the widgets, you will see the Google Now Widget available.

Freeze the apps for a couple of days and see how it performs. If it performs just fine with no malfunctions, remove them.

There is a list in one of the XDA Threads about which apps can be removed.

This stock rom is full of crapware. I am staying stock for now but here is a list of apps I have disabled so far:

• att code scanner
  • att drive mode
  • att family map
  • att hotspots
  • att locker
  • att messages
  • att navigator
  • att read2go
  • att smart wifi
  • aurora2
  • blue sea
  • chaton
  • cityid
  • com.samsung.location
  • crayon physics
  • device help
  • favorite apps
  • favorite contacts
  • featured apps
  • flipboard
  • Live TV
  • media hub
  • myAtt
  • s suggest
  • samsung account
  • samsung backup provider
  • samsung browser syncadapter
  • samsung calendar syncadapter
  • samsung cloud data relay
  • samsung contact sync adapter
  • samsung push service
  • samsung snote sync adapter
  • samsung syncadapters
  • sns (if you use facebook, dont remove this)
  • Synchronize (used for sync'ing your contacts with AT&T - we have Google for this)
  • swype
  • voice talk (this will let you use the search button for google voice serach)
  • yahoo finance
  • yahoo news
  • ypmobile

Along with that I froze Kindle as I dont use it on my phone. There was a couple others that I had to freeze as they wounldnt remove as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34