Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Angry Re: Problem with Kies and Update

This is the exact problem I'm having. It'll connect and go through the download process but once it gets to the point where it want to start downloading to my phone, the download window flashed for a second, then Kies starts reconnecting to my phone... then the whole process starts over.

Default Re: Problem with Kies and Update

I have had this exact same problem. The phone connects, the firmware updates appears to download to the PC, and then when the phone should shut down to start updating, the software would disconnect then automatically reconnect. The firmware update menu pops up again and asks me if I want to update it.

I found the issue must have been related to insufficient available space on the C: drive. The message originally alerted me that it needed 4400MB of available space, and I thought I had cleared that much out. However, I found that in reality the program needed something like 5 or 6GB of available space. Once I had deleted enough things, and rebooted enough times, and tapped my heels 3 times while facing east, the Android 4.3 update installed to my phone the very next time with no problem whatsoever.

One last recommendation though, when the program seems to have finished, and it says to reboot the phone, unplug the cable and replug in the cable, don't do it. Just wait for your phone to finish rebooting by itself. I unplugged the cable when the Galaxy Note 2 splash screen showed up, and it froze there until I plugged the cable back in. I'm not sure what that is all about; try leaving it plugged in. Everything seems to have updated properly.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12