Another Kies Problem

n-strike

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
So it has been 18 days since I started trying to update my Note to JB. I always get a message saying "Cannot access the model information server." and I heard that means the server is busy. How can the server be busy when I'm the only one on this planet who hasn't been able to upgrade yet? It's really frustrating, I'm losing my patience and hope. If I don't get JB within the next 3 days my Note is going through a wall. Anyway, does anyone know what the problem is?

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Try uninstalling Kies, reboot, and then reload it. It probably won't do anything, but that is pretty much the first troubleshooting step.
I know it is a stupid question but are you sure your internet connection is working.
Make sure you remove the SD card before you do the upgrade as that will prevent another headache.

The worst case option would be to flash it with ODIN. I am not sure if it is avaliable, but normally the great folks at XDA get the stock rom avaliable pretty quick after release. It is mainly for folks wanting to go back to stock after using custom roms, but it would work to upgrade you to as a last case resore. Just be aware it will wipe the device when it flashs the rom

n-strike

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I tried uninstalling Kies, nothing. Same for my internet connection and removing the SD card.

I'm not sure if I'm willing to flash with ODIN :/

Thank you very much for the reply though, I appreciate it.

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you doing this on a laptop, or a desktop?

If it is mobile, you may want to try to do it another location. I am reaching, but if it is a connecitivity issue from your location, maybe finding somewhere that has a different internet provider may help.

By chance could you have a software based firewall running that could be blocking it?

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
A software based firewall is like zone alarm or norton internet security. You could try turnning it off and starting the upgrade again. I really hate software firewalls. I feel like they just make problems

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Another thing to try is turning off any anti virus protection you have. I know this sounds bad, but if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking, which will give you internet access but not run all the processes and software of a normal boot, will allow for you to try and connect using Kies without anything interfering.

With that said, do not, I repeat do not, go to any website or do anything else while in Safe Mode with Networking. Doing so can cause your system to get infected. Only load up Kies and try to do the update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21