Galaxy Note APN problems!!!!

wcg01

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have an AT&T SGH-I717 or Galaxy 1 Note 1 on Straight Talk. I have put in several APN settings and none of them have everything working properly.
The very first APN I put in had the phone running on 4g with everything working but picture messaging, I have no idea what the original settings were becouse a friend of mine tried to fix it but made it worse. Does anyone have this phone on Straight Talk and have it working properly??? I would really appreciate some help with this issue before this phone is smashed into pieces..

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
go into mobile settings and create a new apn and name it data. in the apn spot put att.mvno and save it (nothing else). select it to make it active. reboot the phone. make sure you have bars of signal then open a web page.

it should work. if it does not then i would suspect that you have used too much data and they cut you off. they are idiots.

the apn is for testing it will not get picture messages. the one below should be current. delete the test apn and create this one and follow same instruction

Name: Straight Talk
APN: att.mvno
Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port: 80
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: mms2.tracfone.com

wcg01

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks,
I tried that and its still a no go! There is no way that I used too much data, I rarely use the internet. This thing is crazy, I had the internet working before my buddy touched it.

cltflyguy

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the same phone under Straight Talk. Did you save the apn after setting it up? The settings I use which are ST approved (and all works) are:
Name: straight talk
APN: att.mvno
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy: 66.209.11.33
MMS port:80
Leave everything else alone other than to save it via the menu button after you create it. Hope you get it working!

hapnindude56

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I have read your postings on the Galaxy Note Model sgh model 1717 and I am also having issues as others described with getting on the internet. I have entered your apn settings per your instruction in your reply but so far no change. Does one have to wait a while for settings to take effect or should it be immediate. Thanks for your help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey