1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default After 4.1.3 update, swiftkey won't stay as the default keyboard???

I updated to Jellybean the other day and am very happy I did so far. The only problem I'm experiencing is that the phone always seems to revert to the samsung keyboard as the default. I use swiftkey, set it as the default keyboard, and each time I shut it down, do a restart, or swap a battery, for some reason, it switches to the samsung keyboard as the default.

Any idea why this is happening, or how to fix it?

Default Re: After 4.1.3 update, swiftkey won't stay as the default keyboard???

Well I don't have a solution however I can say I think it's something with SwiftKey. I have an original Note, the new Note 3, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10, plus my wife has a bone stock Galaxy S3 and on all those devices we use SwiftKey and it does the same thing yours does. With my wife's S3, being stock she can't disable the other keyboards so she constantly has to keep selecting SwiftKey as default. Her phone is the only one that actually switches to the Samsung keyboard though. The other devices just keep prompting me to select a keyboard but SwiftKey stays visible and usable. I would love to have a solution to this as well.

Posted via Android Central App
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A - Stock
    Google Nexus 7 - CM 10.2 Nightly
    Google Nexus 10 - CM 10.2 Nightly