Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Newbie wants to know about tethering..

I have never cracked, hacked, rooted or unlocked a device in my life. My landline internet is horrendous (0.42 speeds), so I've been really thinking about killing that and tethering/hotspot-wifi with my Note for my daughters tablet (coming in Christmas). Is that something that I can do WITHOUT upgrading my data and paying the fee At&t is wanting to charge me? Or am I out of luck? Thanks a bunch for any info! =)

Global Posts
    22,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Newbie wants to know about tethering..

Quote Originally Posted by tcat160 View Post
    I have never cracked, hacked, rooted or unlocked a device in my life. My landline internet is horrendous (0.42 speeds), so I've been really thinking about killing that and tethering/hotspot-wifi with my Note for my daughters tablet (coming in Christmas). Is that something that I can do WITHOUT upgrading my data and paying the fee At&t is wanting to charge me? Or am I out of luck? Thanks a bunch for any info! =)
    Typically hacks liek this are against the Terms of Service, giving AT&T reason to cut your service form you.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

ROM
    UCLF5

Default Re: Newbie wants to know about tethering..

Quote Originally Posted by tcat160 View Post
    There is a hotspot toggle widget in the play store.

Posted via the Amazing Android Central App on my Nexus 10