- 1 Posts
Using Samsung Note 1 (AT&T Model) as a wi-fi only type media player
I was hoping someone could help me. My old Samsung Galaxy Note 1 had started having issues. Broken charge port so had to swap batteries, broken headphone jack, pc not recognizing device, etc. So I bought a new phone (Nexus 5), and now I have this Note 1 laying around. I would love to use it as a media player (like an Ipod TOUCH or something). The problem I am having is that even with my wifi connected, NON of my network dependent apps will work. Facebook, Google Play, Youtube, Netflix, etc all seem to be looking for a cellular network, or a SIM or something. Is there a way I can use this as a wifi only device that all my network dependent apps will work (they same as they did before? I don't understand why I couldn't. Converting my old Iphone 4 into a wifi only Ipod Touch basically, was no problem. Connected to my wi-fi and life went on as normal. Please Help.
Thanks in advance.
- 01-14-2014, 07:54 PM #2
- 01-18-2014, 11:57 AM #3
Re: Using Samsung Note 1 (AT&T Model) as a wi-fi only type media player
Yea not sure what is happening there. I upgraded to a note 3 and was using my Note one that way for months. Not sure if it is exactly the same user case.
I just figured I might aswell use it as a small tablet.
I would point out that mine was a new one I got under warranty. So no issues before it was decommissioned.
Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3
- By VerizonSalesRep in forum HTC One M7Replies: 4Last Post: 05-15-2014, 05:14 PM
- By dustinfrank in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 12Last Post: 01-24-2014, 07:43 PM
- By DWooderson in forum Samsung SAFE and KNOXReplies: 1Last Post: 01-19-2014, 07:48 PM
- By Imarik81 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 01-14-2014, 04:36 PM
- By bbq9 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 01-14-2014, 04:03 PM