Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Preventing my screen from illuminating when attaching or detaching my charger.

Hi,

Is there a way to prevent my screen from illuminating when I begin charging or disconnect the charger? Sure, the sound is nice, allowing me to know that it connected and is getting power, or to let me know that it was disconnected. However, I don't want the screen to illuminate at all for two reasons. Firstly, my connection (not the cord) is getting bad, so if it is bumped slightly, the screen lights up and thus negates the last few minutes of charging...and sometimes ends up worse. For example, it will be at 75%, charge for a minute, light up a few times if bumped, and end up at 74%. Second, if I am outdoors for a while and charge it straight from a solar panel, the screen lights up when it looses power (a cloud goes overhead) and thus again..in the end the battery is less charged because it keeps lighting up.

I am specifically looking to only prevent the screen from lighting up. I'm not looking for alternative solutions (i.e. taping the cord to my phone to prevent it from disconnecting). Sure, I could run the solar panel through another battery first, then to my phone as a buffer, but I'm not looking for runaround answers. I don't mean to be ungrateful for ideas, but am only looking for replies if there is a direct solution. Thank you.