Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Broheemster
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default It's a SLIDER!?!?

According to this

Exclusive images of AT&T's Samsung Galaxy S II revealed

Really not sure how I feel about this...

Default Re: It's a SLIDER!?!?

I will really be dissapointed if this is the actual phone. After all this wait and now they make it a slider...

I agree with arstocker. I'm not saying that this version ugly (well the back is horrible actually)....But i was looking forward to this phone for months. I was only expecting minor changes like 4 button than 3 button on international....but to slap a keyboard on it is a disappointment. Great for ppl that like keyboards though. But I will probably going to pass on this phone and get the international version if i can afford it or wait to see what the nexus 3 or iphone 5 is all about.

According to Ziegler from This Is My Next, At&t will be getting a few GSII devices, not just one. Basically, you will get a slider and probably a regular slab.

Well this stinks! , I was going to leave Sprint go ATT with this device.
    That wont be happening now due to freaking ugly keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    According to Ziegler from This Is My Next, At&t will be getting a few GSII devices, not just one. Basically, you will get a slider and probably a regular slab.
    If true I hope they drop slab fast I need to get away from Sprint.

do you have a link where it say that? I would like to read that article. thanks

Sigh. I hope this isn't the only version for AT&T but anything is possible. I just think it would be a poor business decision on Samsungs part. They've marketed their baby as slim, sharp picture and beastly this whole time but if they make this drastic of a change it would be risky. If this is the only version they may have just managed to short themselves even more on u.s. sales between the delay, competitor flagships (including the approaching IPhone), and this keyboard stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by frozencloud View Post
    But I will probably going to pass on this phone and get the international version if i can afford it or wait to see what the nexus 3 or iphone 5 is all about.
    I'm right there with frozencloud, minus the Iphone5 part :]

Quote Originally Posted by frozencloud View Post
    do you have a link where it say that? I would like to read that article. thanks
    He actually tweeted it. Maybe they're working on a story.

He actually tweeted it. Maybe they're working on a story.
    Here you go

Twitter Post

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Not sure how I feel about it either.

Android Central is backing up Ziegler's tweet. Personally, this is a great move to get the S2 into both the slider and all touch screen markets. Gotta love options!

Article

well if this is true at least I can go back to not watching the net for hype. Physical buttons on a phone is like going back to analog dial radios and tv's.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by jemcmichael View Post
    Android Central is backing up Ziegler's tweet. Personally, this is a great move to get the S2 into both the slider and all touch screen markets. Gotta love options!

Article
    That's more like it. If I wanted a physical keyboard I woulda kept my blackberry lol

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

at&t could be getting very serious with android. A Slider GS2, a candybar GS2, HTC Puccini tablet, the LTE HTC Holliday, lets not forget the Atrix, infuse, and Inspire which are all still amazing phones, thats a hell of a line up

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

I think part of it is the loss of iPhone exclusivity. I'm glad to see AT&T embracing Android from a variety of manufacturers. Putting side-loading on their phones now and the Gingerbread announcement are more indicators of the shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalarm View Post
    at&t could be getting very serious with android. A Slider GS2, a candybar GS2, HTC Puccini tablet, the LTE HTC Holliday, lets not forget the Atrix, infuse, and Inspire which are all still amazing phones, thats a hell of a line up

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock LF6

Well I am in the air. As much as I enjoy onscreen keyboards, the aspect of actually having a keyboard is nice as well.

It is nice to finally see AT&T do something right. Getting quite a few phones announced for Gingerbread before the year is out and side loading as well. They are doing some work to try and draw in customers.

Carrier
    Depends on my mood ^^

I'd actually like this to come to Verizon, I would love a keyboarded Galaxy S2! I've been spoiled since the Samsung Epic was my first smart-phone. I'd really like my phones to have a keyboard if possible. Swype is nice, but nothing replaces the physical buttons for me, especially for games like emulators!

Carrier
    VillainROM+Ninphetamine

I saw that they changed the form factor on the supposed nonslider version... Way too round, looks girly. Ordered the real S2

Slippity, slide, so smooth it floated
    Got lint in my pocket now my phone won't open
    BeKe likes this.

Really! Why don't these idiots just release the same phone which is a huge hit all over & take in the profits.....I don't get it

i for one, would not exactly shed any tears over the addition of a hardware keyboard.

then again my last three phones have been a G1, MDA, and Touch Pro 1 so i guess i'm biased.

Quote Originally Posted by boondoc View Post
    i for one, would not exactly shed any tears over the addition of a hardware keyboard.

then again my last three phones have been a G1, MDA, and Touch Pro 1 so i guess i'm biased.
    Thank god this slider wasn't the SGS2!

AT&T's sleek Samsung slider isn't the Galaxy S II after all

And the slider scare comes to an end