Will GSII wake up when an alarm goes off?

larryschwartz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I, like thousands of others, am waiting patiently for AT&T to start selling the GSII. While I am waiting I thought I would get some more details on what it does and how it works as this will be my first Android phone.

One of the things I like best about my current Blackberry smartphone is that it will wake up after being powered off when my morning wake up alarm goes off. So, I turn it off at night to save the battery and when it's time for the alarmclock alarm (it only has one alarm, not to be confused with a meeting reminder) to go off the phone powers up and starts beeping. Will the GSII do this as well, turn itself back on to sound the alarmclock?

Thanks to all for the info.

An Android newby,

Larry Schwartz

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
If you turn the device off no, it will not power on for a alarm. You can however shut the radio off and still have the alarm go off. Not the same but it is the best you are going to get.

Mr_Armageddon

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
If you turn the device off no, it will not power on for a alarm. You can however shut the radio off and still have the alarm go off. Not the same but it is the best you are going to get.

That is probably your best solution. My Captivate in airplane mode will only drain 2-5% of the battery while sitting on the nightstand for 7-8 hours. You could also use an application like "Tasker" to automate when you want the phone to enable/disable airplane mode at night when you sleep.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Why don't u leave your phone on the charger at night? I do that, I leave my phone on my USB dock station at times and the alarm works just fine and I don't need to worry about my battery discharging at night.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay